Signature Speaker: A Recipe for Social Media Content Creation
November 9 @ 4:00 pm - 5:30 pm
- This is a hybrid event with an option to attend virtually. The Zoom link is included in the event confirmation email and will also be resent via email the day of the event
- In-person tickets include snacks and a drink ticket. We will have a cash bar as well.
A Recipe for Social Media Content Creation
Join Laura Duensing and Kim Bertrand of Swanson Russell (2021 Corporate Marketer of the Year) in the test kitchen as they cook up a recipe for content creation.
Like any good concoction, social media content development takes quality ingredients prepared in the right order. Learn how to create an informed content development process that includes everything it needs to meet your marketing objectives.
We’ll walk through the steps for content creation that any social media chef needs to know, share tasty ways to optimize strategy and reveal our “secret sauce”. You’ll leave our kitchen knowing how to create a dish that your audience will want to devour.
Key Learning Takeaways
- Like any good chef, start with the end goal in mind. Establish an objective and know how it ties into overall marketing objectives. Use this to guide your content approach. –> Plan your content recipe with this end in view.
- Gather all your resources. These include a budget, audience development, creative tools and more. –> Get a list of key ingredients for content creation.
- Develop a Real Connection™. Focus on connecting with your audience. Otherwise the recipe will fall apart. –> Learn the social media “secret sauce” that will make your recipe come together.
Laura Duensing has managed social media programs for clients across a wide range of industries including agriculture, turf, energy, regional consumer, non-profit and more. She has strategic planning and social media implementation experience with the full spectrum of social media initiatives, including content development, community management, paid content, reporting, audience development and social listening. Most of Laura’s clients are national, but locally she has also managed social media efforts targeted at Nebraskan consumers for Runza Restaurants, Dorothy Lynch, and the Nebraska State Fair.
Kim Bertrand has served as a social media professional specializing in organic and paid content strategies, analytics, and community management. Her experience also includes content development, E-Commerce implementation, audience research and development, and social listening. She’s managed a number of clients in various industries such as outdoor recreation, agriculture and regional consumer. In her current role, Kim serves as a strategist for Badlands Gear, NEST 529 and BASF Vegetable Solutions.