- This event has passed.
Signature Speaker: Hispanic Marketing. Seriously, It’s Not for Everyone.
August 11, 2022 @ 4:00 pm - 5:30 pm
- This is a hybrid event with an option to attend virtually. The Zoom link is included in the event confirmation email and will also be resent via email the day of the event
- The speaker and Q&A are scheduled from 4pm -5pm, followed by networking and ice cream social time from 5-5:30pm
The Hispanic community is not a segment, rather is an undeniable and increasingly influential piece of America’s cultural fabric. It’s increasingly hard to separate from the general market. And that is a good thing. The Hispanic community is a growing part of THE larger community.
While other population “segments” have shrunk or stayed relatively flat, the Hispanic population continues to grow. Between 2010 and 2021, the Hispanic population accounted for nearly 59% of the total population growth in the U.S. Having a Hispanic strategy is no longer a test — it’s a must.
Key Learning Takeaways
- Translating to Spanish is a tactic, not a strategy. “The first thing many companies do is they translate their general advertising message to Spanish.”
- Cultural relevance matters. “There are many cultural nuances within the Hispanic community that go beyond dialects.”
- The Hispanic target is not a homogeneous group. “Fifty-four percent of the current Hispanic community is foreign-born.”
Rob is an advertising and marketing veteran in the general and Hispanic market arenas. He is a first-generation latino, born and raised in western Nebraska with his 15 brothers and sisters. He brings a deep respect and passion for his Latino culture and shares with his clients who engage Puente Marketing when they want to connect with the burgeoning Latino market in the U.S.
He has worked with clients in pet care, financial services, telecom, multi-unit retail operations, healthcare, health and wellness. His client experience includes AMC theatres, Blue Cross & Blue Shield, Bayer Animal Health, Hallmark,Jiffy Lube, YMCA, National Baseball Hall of Fame, Tracfone Prepaid Wireles, QuikTrip and Kinetic Internet.