- This event has passed.
AMA Lincoln Volunteers @ Star City Pride
June 10 @ 8:15 am - 11:30 am
- Nebraska State Capitol
1445 K Street, Lincoln, NE 68508
Lincoln, NE 68508 US + Google Map
Show your PRIDE! Join AMA Lincoln at the 2023 Star City Pride Parade! We will be volunteering as Parade Staff keeping the parade pace and providing navigation for floats.
Volunteers will receive a t-shirt from Star City Pride and a complimentary wristband to the remainder of the festival (festival schedule TBD).
Volunteer sign up ends on Monday, June 5.
When? Saturday, June 10 from 8:15 am to 11:30 pm
Where? Parade route is around the Nebraska State Capital building – meeting site TBD
By registering to volunteer, you express your understanding and intent to enter into Star City Pride’s Release and Waiver of Liability (see below) knowingly and voluntarily.
VOLUNTEER RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY FORM
I, the above named Volunteer, do hereby give my consent to participation in all activities of Star City Pride. The Volunteer understands that the scope of the Volunteer’s relationship with Star City Pride is limited to a volunteer position and that no compensation is expected in return for services provided by Volunteer; and that Star City Pride will not provide any benefits traditionally associated with employment to Volunteer. The Volunteer desires that the Volunteer engage in activities related to serving or participating in the Star City Pride’s activities as a player, participant or volunteer. The Volunteer is responsible for the Volunteer’s own insurance coverage in the event of personal injury or illness as a result of participation in activities of the Star City Pride.
1. Waiver and Release: I release and forever discharge and hold harmless Star City Pride and its successors and assigns from any and all liability, claims, and demands of whatever kind or nature, either in law or in equity, which arise or may hereafter arise from the activities as a Volunteer with the Star City Pride, including claims arising out of negligence. I understand and acknowledge that this Release Discharges Star City Pride from any liability or claim that I may have against Star City Pride with respect to bodily injury, personal injury, illness, death, or property damage that may result from the services the Volunteer provides to Star City Pride or occurring while Volunteer is providing volunteer services.
2. Insurance: I affirm that I am covered by primary medical insurance and understand that I am responsible for my medical bills if injury occurs. Further, I understand that Star City Pride does not assume any responsibility for or obligation to provide the Volunteer with financial or other assistance, including but not limited to medical, health or disability benefits or insurance of any nature in the event of the Volunteer’s injury, illness, death or damage to his or her property. I expressly waive any such claim for compensation or liability on the part of Star City Pride beyond what may be offered freely by Star City Pride in the event of such injury or medical expenses incurred by the Volunteer.
3. Assumption of Risk: I understand that the services provided by me to Star City Pride may include activities that are inherently dangerous to me, including but not limited to lifting and carrying. I hereby expressly assume the risk of injury or harm to me from these activities and Release Star City Pride from all liability for injury, illness, death, or property damage resulting from the services I provide as a volunteer or occurring while I am participating in events.
4. Photographic Release: I, grant and convey to Star City Pride all right, title, and interests in any and all photographs, images, video or audio recordings of the Volunteer or his or her likeness or voice made by Star City Pride in connection with the Volunteer participating in Star City Pride events, including but not limited to, any royalties, proceeds, or other benefits derived from such photographs or recordings.
5. Medical Treatment: I, hereby release and forever discharge Star City Pride from any claim whatsoever which arises or may hereafter arise on account of any first-aid treatment or other medical services rendered in connection with an emergency during my tenure as a volunteer with Star City Pride. I give my consent for the Star City Pride to provide, administer, or obtain medical treatment for me.
6. Other: I, expressly agree that this Release is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by the laws of the State of NE. and that this Release shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of NE. I agree that in the event that any clause or provision of this Release is deemed invalid, the enforceability of the remaining provisions of this Release shall not be affected.
By registering, I, the above named Volunteer, express my understanding and intent to enter into this Release and Waiver of Liability knowingly and voluntarily.
Order tickets via Eventbrite below. Select quantity, then click the green button at the bottom. If no tickets display, registration has closed.
October 31 @ 8:00 am - 9:00 am
November 28 @ 8:00 am - 9:00 am
December 19 @ 8:00 am - 9:00 am