Marketing Manager – University of Nebraska Foundation
Develop, lead, and execute marketing plans and programs to drive engagement/advancement to help the University of Nebraska change lives and save lives.
- Does building and enacting marketing strategies in the digital space excite you?
- Are you someone that likes to see a project through from start to finish?
- Are you a strategic thinker, who loves to engage people, build strong partnerships, and promote the leading role the University of Nebraska plays in our state’s future?
- Do you take pride in being a multi-tasker, organized, and detail-oriented?
- Do you have a strong sense of curiosity and enjoy work where two days are never the same?
If so, we invite you to apply for this exciting opportunity!
At the University of Nebraska Foundation, we grow relationships and resources that enable the University of Nebraska to change lives and save lives. In this newly created role, you will have the opportunity to create and execute marketing programs to enhance our brand awareness while strategically advising and partnering with leadership. This role will provide you with the opportunity to build out these programs within our organization! You will join the foundation at an exciting time, with the opportunity to make a transformational impact. The foundation recently publicly announced a historic campaign to raise $3 billion from 150,000 donors to build a better future for the state’s only public university, the University of Nebraska.
Ways you’ll make an impact:
- Develop and execute marketing plans with a focus on paid digital media.
- Provide management and marketing leadership for current and new projects and initiatives.
- Advise leaders of best marketing opportunities in multiple priority areas, including campaign priorities, planned giving, and our grateful patients program.
- Support a service oriented and collaborative atmosphere while developing positive relationships with unit leaders.
- Create and present reports to measure campaign and tactical success and identify trends and opportunities for growth.
- Collect and summarize applicable qualitative and quantitative data to identify relevant insights needed to inform business decisions.
Who we want:
- Strategic marketers who can bring new, innovative ideas to the table.
- Inquisitive learners who are excited to learn about all things Foundation related.
- Analytical individuals who use collected data to make informed decisions.
- Adaptable individuals who take initiative and have strong multitasking skills to manage deadlines and competing priorities.
- Relationally talented individuals who can make authentic connections and facilitate meaningful conversations with a wide variety of people, including unit leaders.
- Tech savvy individuals who are energized by using and implementing digital campaigns.
What you need:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum Experience: At least 5 years’ experience in Marketing or related fields.
- Experience in publishing display ads, social media ads and web advertising including SEO to meet campaign objectives.
- Knowledge of marketing best practices, strategies, and tactics.
- Demonstrated experience with digital-first marketing and CRM systems.
- Proven Adaptability, flexibility and resourcefulness when problem solving.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Suite.
- Experience in marketing planned giving and grateful patient giving preferred; not required.
What we offer:
- Mission-driven work that changes lives and saves lives.
- A strengths-based, engagement-focused and performance-oriented culture.
- This position will work in our Lincoln or Omaha office. We offer flexibility for hybrid work.
- An award-winning wellness program.
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities for your career growth.
- A generous retirement match and multiple incentive compensation programs.
- 12 paid holidays and generous vacation time.
- 12 weeks of paid medical leave, including maternity and paternity leave.
- University of Nebraska tuition reimbursement for you and your dependents.
Who we are:
- Founded in 1936, the University of Nebraska Foundation provides support for the campuses in the university system — the University of Nebraska–Lincoln, University of Nebraska at Kearney, University of Nebraska at Omaha, Nebraska College of Technical Agriculture in Curtis, and the University of Nebraska Medical Center and its primary clinical partner, Nebraska Medicine.
- Among public universities, the University of Nebraska ranks in the top 25 nationally for both funds raised and endowed assets under management and has been recognized by the Chronicle of Philanthropy as one of America’s Favorite Charities.
- With a staff of 260 budgeted positions, the foundation has a reputation for efficiency and effectiveness, raising $7.13 in gifts for every dollar spent.
- Winner of Gallup’s Don Clifton Strengths-Based Culture Award.
- Winner of the Governor’s Harvester Wellness Award, the highest honor for corporate wellness.
The University of Nebraska Foundation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that celebrates, supports, and promotes diversity and inclusion. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.