Design Specialist – University of Nebraska Foundation
Assist with the creation of compelling and effective designs to enable the University of Nebraska to change lives and save lives.
- Do you enjoy working with diverse types of projects?
- Does the opportunity to learn design philosophies and techniques excite you?
- Can you effectively manage your time and juggle competing priorities and deadlines?
- Are you inspired by the mission of the University of Nebraska Foundation and looking to make a difference in the lives of others?
If so, we invite you to apply for this exciting opportunity!
At the University of Nebraska Foundation, we grow relationships and resources that enable the University of Nebraska to change lives and save lives. Working alongside our Senior Art Director, you will have the opportunity to grow in your career as you research, learn, and apply design philosophies and techniques while gaining experience working with clientele and brand standards. You will join the foundation at an exciting time, with the opportunity to make a transformational impact. The foundation recently publicly announced a historic campaign to raise $3 billion from 150,000 donors to build a better future for Nebraska. The campaign is being led by more than 300 enthusiastic volunteers representing all areas of the University of Nebraska System. To be considered, applicants are asked to submit a digital portfolio alongside their resume and cover letter.
Ways you’ll make an impact:
- Serve as lead designer for PowerPoint presentations.
- Assist the Senior Art Director and Assistant Art Director with design of invitations, emails, collateral materials and web and social media graphics.
- Responsible for adhering to the foundation’s brand and identity standards and ensuring the accuracy of information and quality in all materials and proofing.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining good working relationships with print vendors and customers across the foundation and University of Nebraska Foundation system.
Who we want:
- Motivated learners who can positively adapt to changes, are eager to learn, and can accept feedback from multiple sources with grace.
- Collaborative individuals who are self-starters looking to gain valuable career experience while working alongside a knowledgeable and supportive team.
- Resourceful and strategic individuals who can creatively solve design issues.
- Flexible individuals who can meet deadlines and effectively manage competing priorities.
- Diligent individuals who pay exceptional attention to detail and strive for excellence.
- Self-motivated individuals who take initiative and can manage multiple responsibilities.
What you need:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in communications, journalism, art or other major with graphic design emphasis.
- Minimum Experience: 1+ years of experience at an agency or in-house marketing environment. Internship experience will be considered in lieu of full-time experience.
- Proficient in professional level design software (Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.) and Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Some knowledge of Adobe After Effects, Canva and/or other digital platforms, such as StoryMaps preferred.
- Principles of design, brand and identity, and knowledge of print production and processes preferred.
- Candidates will also be evaluated on our core values of passion for mission, integrity, and teamwork.
What we offer:
- This position will report to our Lincoln, Omaha, or Kearney office, with the option for remote work within commuting distance, while residing in Nebraska.
- Mission-driven work that changes lives and saves lives.
- A strengths-based, engagement-focused, and performance-oriented culture.
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities for your career growth.
- An award-winning wellness program.
- 12 weeks of paid medical leave, including maternity and paternity leave.
- 12 paid holidays and generous vacation time.
- A generous retirement match and multiple incentive compensation programs.
- University of Nebraska tuition reimbursement for you and your dependents.
Who we are:
- Recognition by the Chronicle of Philanthropy as one of America’s Favorite Charities.
- Founded in 1936, the University of Nebraska Foundation provides support for the campuses in the university system — the University of Nebraska–Lincoln, University of Nebraska at Kearney, University of Nebraska at Omaha, Nebraska College of Technical Agriculture in Curtis, and the University of Nebraska Medical Center and its primary clinical partner, Nebraska Medicine.
- Among public universities, the University of Nebraska ranks in the top 25 nationally for both funds raised and endowed assets under management.
- With a staff of 260 budgeted positions, the foundation has a reputation for efficiency and effectiveness, raising $7.13 in gifts for every dollar spent.
- Winner of Gallup’s Don Clifton Strengths-Based Culture Award.
- Winner of the Governor’s Harvester Wellness Award, the highest honor for corporate wellness.
The University of Nebraska Foundation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that celebrates, supports, and promotes diversity and inclusion. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.