Designer Entry for Cropped 2019
Cropped is a live design challenge in which graphic designers will compete against one another and the clock in four rounds of competition. Each round, designers will be given a project to complete – but there’s a catch! You’ll have to incorporate a collection of challenging mandatory elements for each round. At the end of the round, work will be judged by our panel of creative directors and one person will be eliminated. The designer still standing at the end will be crowned our champion and take home the grand prize of $500 cash.
To compete at Cropped, you must first place in the top four in this preliminary contest. For this contest, you must submit a new version of our terrible flyer, following the rules below. If any of the rules are not followed, or if you miss the submission deadline, your entry will not be accepted. Cropped is free to enter.
Designer Entry for Cropped 2019 is now closed.
- Anyone may enter unless they are serving in a position on the board of AMA Lincoln.
- All submissions must be sumbitted by October 4th at 6pm.
- Each person may only submit one design.
- All submissions must meet the flyer design requirements listed below.
- All designers chosen must be able to bring their own computer to use at the live event.
From October 5th to October 12th, the public will be allowed to vote for their favorite designs. This will be announced to AMA Lincoln’s email list but non-members will also be allowed to vote. The designs viewable by the public will not display identifying information about the designer. The designers of the four flyers that receive the most votes will be selected to compete at Cropped on October 24th at 5:30pm.
Flyer Design Requirements:
- The file submitted must be a one-sided, 8.5” x 11” flyer saved as a jpeg or png with a file size less than 2Mb.
- Your flyer must include the provided Cropped and AMA Lincoln logos.
- Your flyer must include the following copy:
Four designers, three rounds, one champion.
In each round, you will attempt to create the best design possible using our zip drive of mystery materials. Stay in the top of your round, and you’ll advance. Fall to the bottom, and you’ll be cropped. The designer who makes it through to the end without getting cropped will get the fame, the glory, and the top prize of $500 cash.
For more details and the official rules, visit www.amalincoln.org/cropped
Designer Registration for Cropped 2019 is now closed.