Media Relations Specialist - Ameritas (Posted 2/13/19)
Do you love writing and communications? Help Ameritas position the brand in external communications and some internal communications.
At Ameritas, fulfilling life is what we do daily. We continuously strive to help our customers and employees enjoy life at its very best by reducing uncertainty, helping grow assets and protecting what is most cherished. We're here to help people put worry behind and the future ahead and help enable a life that's rich in family, happiness, health and financial security. When lives are fulfilled, our mission is fulfilled.
Join the Ameritas Communications team as a Media Relations Strategist. This position will write news releases, pitches, social content, articles and web content to advance the brand. This position also is responsible for brainstorming, creating, and transforming ideas into public relations strategies and media relations.
The Media Relations Strategist also will:
• Write clear, accurate and persuasive copy.
• Help develop external communication plans for business lines and shared services. This can include strategic planning and calendaring, writing and editing, pitching and amplifying, and reporting and tracking.
• Be responsible for media relations, including writing corporate news releases and coordinating earned media.
• Assist the Senior Corporate Communications Manager with reputation management.
• Partner with Strategic Content and Social teams for planning and executing thought leadership.
• Collaborate with the Creative team to explore visual and written ideas and concepts.
• Build relationships with Marketing team, business lines and shared services to understand products, needs and goals
• Revise, edit, and proofread content as needed.
• Collaborate with Internal Communications Manager to generate story ideas and write articles for intranet.
• Research competitors and keep abreast of market trends.
• Maintain media relationships through social outreach and day to day interactions.
• Serve as a public relations spokesperson for the company and coach others in media training.
• Manage media tracking and data and becomes the subject matter expert for software tracking system.
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
• 0-2 years of related experience in Marketing
• Experience in the financial service and insurance industry preferred
Apply at https://bit.ly/2N9yRsQ today!