Communications Director - Nebraska Department of Economic Development (Posted 2/8/19)
The Nebraska Department of Economic Development is seeking a dynamic person to help tell our story. Our agency manages a number of programs from global business recruitment to housing and community development. We have a talented team and an excellent work environment. The agency goal is to grow Nebraska’s economy and help our citizens improve their quality of life. We are seeking an individual with strong leadership skills, creativity and energy. We live in the greatest state in America and we want you to sell us on how you would tell Nebraska’s story.
Economic Development Division Administrator (Communications Director) – Administration
Closes – 02/28/2019
For more information, click here
Or visit the site at: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/nebraska
The Director of Communications manages the strategy, planning and execution of agency communications content, including helping coordinate legislative outreach and relations, executive level communications, internal communications and external communications to a wide array of customers and clients. The person in this position will create a communications/ public relations strategy that will allow Nebraska Department of Economic Development (DED) to cultivate and develop meaningful relationships with targeted external audiences including government officials, business leaders, legislative officials, relevant media outlets and key stakeholders in economic development. The Director of Communications will possess a comprehensive knowledge of a wide range of print, broadcast, web and social media outlets, as well as the specific requirements and strategies for disseminating DED's message using those channels.
Job location is the Nebraska State Office Building, Lincoln.
Examples of Work
- Collaborating across DED divisions and programs to develop an effective communications strategy and plan that will meet agency objectives with multiple customers.
- Driving communications strategy and message development around economic development initiatives and legislation.
- Building relationships and coordinating outreach with state senators, key legislative stakeholders, community and business leaders, and media contacts to drive economic development initiatives.
- Implementing communications programs around agency priorities in business development, community development, housing, entrepreneurship, innovation, talent attraction and skills development to effectively communicate DED's brand, initiatives and messaging.
- Planning and executing public relations strategies through traditional media platforms and social media channels including LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
- Planning and executing economic development media events including coordinating speakers, launching press releases, overseeing talking points/messaging and setting up media and interviews.
- Developing internal publications such as newsletters, releases, email announcements, publications, on-line, intranet, video, special projects and assignments to improve agency communications and help educate and train staff.
- Working with research staff to understand and coalesce data collected for agency programs and creating a plan to disseminate information through various media such as web-based dashboards, social media and electronic communications.
- Creating a metrics-based system to measure results of content driven initiatives and developing reports to show progress and value to the agency.
- Managing communications staff including hiring, directing, and overseeing work production. Motivating and providing direction to maximize talent and work quality in a positive, team-oriented environment.
- Managing marketing and communications work flow. Approving work projects and supervising production through completion to meet deadlines.