Marketing Manager - Doane University (Posted 3/20/19)
Doane University is seeking candidates for the position of Marketing Manager. The Marketing Manager is an integral part of the Office of Strategic Marketing, reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer, this position is the department’s operations and project manager. The Marketing Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Office of Strategic Marketing focusing on the organization and management of OSM projects from the initial gathering of project scope, initiating project kickoff meetings and managing the execution of projects to final delivery. The Marketing Manager is responsible for being the sole point of contact for projects which includes communicating project status, gathering revisions, collecting feedback and final delivery of an OSM project. The Marketing Manager is acutely aware of resource allocation and is responsible for moving projects forward and hitting clearly communicated and agreed upon deadlines. This position is responsible for being knowledgeable of the larger strategy and collaborating with the Chief Marketing Officer on OSM priorities while tracking the flow of projects, recommending modifications to project flows for efficiency and staying alert for risk and resolving issues as they arise. This position will be primarily located on the Lincoln campus.
Qualifications/Skills/Abilities Required for Position:
- High energy, self-motivated with a strong work ethic
- Strong attention to detail
- Superior communication and leadership skills
- Superb presentation, persuasion, and project management skills
- Experience working with Google Suite (Gmail, Docs, Drive, etc.)
- Experience with project management software
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work effectively under pressure, handling multiple projects and tight deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work within a team environment
- Experience managing a production team.
- Experience in higher education.
Education/Training Required for Position:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field required.
- Minimum of 3 years of project management or operations management experience.
To Apply: Go to www.doane.edu/jobs
Doane's mission is to provide an exceptional liberal arts education in a creative, inclusive, and collaborative community where faculty and staff work closely with undergraduate and graduate students preparing them for lives rooted in intellectual inquiry, ethical values, and a commitment to engage as leaders and responsible citizens of the world. Central to our mission, Doane University actively works to create and sustain a welcoming learning community for all members to fulfill their potential, feel valued, and make meaningful contributions to the university. Doane University is an equal opportunity employer and seeks candidates who reflect the diversity of our society.