Head of Marketing - Union Bank and Trust (Posted 9/24)
Position Title: Head of Marketing, Marketing
Pay Grade: Commensurate based on experience
FLSA Status: Exempt
Immediate Supervisor: Dan Svehla
Position Summary: The Head of Marketing, develops and implements Union Bank’s overall marketing plan, strategies and supporting budget. Manages the Bank’s brand strategy and develops an annual brand communication plan. Directs the functions of market research, customer database management, advertising, direct marketing, communications, promotions, public and media relations, community outreach, digital experience, websites, social media, events, etc. Provides leadership in deposit product development and product/service pricing. Provides marketing and communication support to Union Bank’s affiliate organizations, including Zelle Human Resources Solutions, Union Title, and Union Equipment Finance.
- Develop and implement the overall bank marketing plan, strategies and supporting budget.
- Consult with region/division/department managers, in developing and implementing appropriate marketing plans and budgets for their respective areas.
- Identify and communicate the Bank’s market position or brand. Manage the ongoing coordination of the communication, delivery system and products to support the brand.
- Direct the functions of market research, customer database management, advertising, direct marketing, communications, promotions, public and media relations, community outreach, digital experience, websites, social media, events, etc.
- Ability to assimilate market trends, customer needs, secondary and primary research to prepare retail product recommendations, particularly with transactions and deposit accounts. Effectively chairs and facilitates a Retail Product Committee.
- Understand the breadth of advertising medium options including the expanding role of nontraditional advertising. Manage a variety of external suppliers including advertising agency, graphic designers, presentation production companies, and promotion item suppliers.
- Manage media contacts, facilitating interview interviews/contacts, preparing official bank statements/comments, proactively identifying public relations opportunities, etc. Act as primary spokesperson for the Bank.
- High-level oversight of the Customer Support Team (CST) who offer phone, email, chat and text support to bank customers, manages online deposit applications and customer onboarding, with CST as the primary personal connection to the Bank’s digital customers.
- Serve on various bank committees and supports the bank’s commitment to the community through community involvement.
- Exercise authority concerning staffing, promotions, salary recommendations, performance appraisals and terminations.
- Ensure subordinates are trained and comply with bank policy, laws and regulations applicable to their roles. Monitor subordinates’ adherence to internal controls and act to address employee performance issues.
- Understand and adhere to all bank policies, laws and regulations applicable to their role. Complete compliance training; follow internal processes and controls as required.
- Report all compliance issues, violations of law or regulations in accordance with the steps defined in bank policies.
- Perform other job-related duties or special projects as assigned.
- Regular and reliable attendance is an essential function of this position.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Business Administration, or Advertising.
- Minimum of ten years of marketing leadership experience.
- Minimum of ten years of banking or financial industry experience preferred.
- Minimum of ten years management experience having demonstrated the ability to effectively coach and develop employees.
- Demonstrated experience in preparing and implementing marketing and product plans.
- Demonstrated experience working with senior-level managers and sales/business development officers.
- Proven versatility in communication skills; writing, speaking, presentations, media relations, etc.
- Valid Nebraska driver’s license.
- Strategic thinker – thinks and plans at a high level.
- Proven leadership and effective direction of one or more departments.
- Customer experience focused – understand the value of seeing the world through the customers’ eyes and experiences.
- Effective communicator – skilled in written, verbal and presentation communications. Demonstrates flexibility and adaptability when writing/communicating to various audiences.
- Bridge builder – collaborative in communications and work style.
- Digital Savvy – enjoys the digital experience and can visualize its current and future importance in financial services.
- Time efficient in managing multiple projects.
- High level of analytical skills.
- Self -directed and takes initiative.
- Independent with good judgment.
- Community-engaged – active and engaged in the Lincoln community.
- Sedentary work – occasionally lifting and/or carrying up to 25 lbs.
- Indoor work – occasionally exposed to outdoor elements or hazards.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled