Graphic Designer - Arbor Day Foundation (Posted 1/1/19)
Do you consider yourself to be a self-motivated individual with a natural talent for current, fresh design? Do you have the unique ability to balance outstanding creativity with great detail orientation? Are you interested in being part of an organization that strives to make the world a better place through the support of environmental stewardship?
The Arbor Day Foundation is seeking an exceptional designer to join our marketing team. The ideal Graphic Design candidate will work closely with our team and clients to create results-focused projects. This role must be familiar with various printing processes/techniques. Advanced knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite, excellent communication skills, strong attention to detail and the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously are musts.
- Complete creative work – from concept to final execution – within deadlines and budgets.
- Create unique, strategic and intentional designs that support goals and objectives.
- Ability to collaborate with numerous internal clients on projects and provide strategic, visually compelling creative.
- Maintain a high level of accuracy, attention to detail and take the necessary steps to minimize errors.
- Effectively communicate and articulate the rationale behind your ideas and design work.
- Provide information to create accurate estimates and proposals for design related projects, as needed.
- Remain educated and current on new design trends, software and technology.
- Participate in client meetings, presentations, proposals, as needed.
- Ensure the look and style of projects is in line with our brand standards.
- Passion for the Foundation’s mission of tree planting and environmental stewardship.
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or related field.
- 3+ years of graphic design experience, preferably with a marketing or creative agency.
- Expertise in using the Adobe Creative Suite: InDesign, Photoshop, Acrobat Pro; Microsoft Word and PowerPoint; photography and videography abilities.
- Experience with HTML and CSS is beneficial.
- Ability to deliver a broad range of design styles.
- Professional client presentation skills.
- A passion for delivering meticulous, accurate print-ready design files.
- An understanding of professional client-based editing processes.
- Ability to move quickly from project to project in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to absorb and apply constructive criticism from peers and clients.
- Must be able to provide a portfolio demonstrating breadth of digital and print design experience
The Foundation offers an excellent working environment, salary commensurate with experience, an attractive benefits package, and the opportunity to enhance our environmental impact. If you thrive in a fast-paced, high-energy setting where you can make a difference, please submit a cover letter and resume.