Donor Recruitment Representative - Nebraska Community Blood Bank (Posted 3/20/19)
Title: Donor Recruitment Representative
Location: Omaha (12100 Pacific Street)
Status: Full Time Exempt
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, PTO, EST, Holiday, 401K and more!
Combine a love of sales account management, marketing, and event planning to make a life saving difference in our community!
Ensure daily field collection goals for red blood cells are met by enhancing the overall marketing, recruitment, and retention of sponsoring organizations through account management.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Coordinating blood drives by managing accounts, educating blood drive coordinators and committees of their role as coordinator.
- Trains, assists, and motivates volunteer coordinators to achieve maximum potential at blood drive, using established blood drive SOPs.
- Furnishes drive coordinators, within department-established time frame, the proper tools needed to successfully execute blood drives.
- Facilitates drives as assigned, in order to achieve department and personal draw goals while maintaining department-established projection accuracy.
- Works independently and as a team member, communicating openly with other members of the Donor Recruitment Department. Collaborates with Collections team to ensure that drives operate smoothly.
2. Partners with Marketing to develop relationships with local media and acts as media spokesperson when needed.
3. Identifies and participates in community and corporate events, developing partnerships that will raise visibility for NCBB and lead to more blood drives and blood donors.
4. Presents information to groups/organizations to help build community awareness about IBR and educates the community of the need for blood.
5. Participates actively on various projects within the department including, but not limited to: the high school workshops, education events, award luncheons, etc. 6. Participates in all mandatory training, retraining, staff meetings, weekly meetings with manager, continuing education, and cGMP training.
7. Delegates accurate and comprehensible work requests to the Donor Recruitment Associate within department-established time frame.
8. Serves as a representative of IBR in a professional manner, in order to build rapport with donors, coordinators, chamber of commerce members, and community leaders.
9. Conducts Omaha territory analysis to target appropriate accounts.
10. Develop new business in Omaha in partnership with Marketing. Tactics include cold calling, in person and over the phone meetings.
- Training/Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience. Minimum 2 years sales experience. Public relations, organizational, customer service and volunteer experience is helpful. Proven track record of establishing and retaining accounts. Intermediate computer knowledge required.
- Skills and Abilities: Excellent interpersonal communication skills. Accurate oral and written communication skills. Ability to organize and prioritize tasks. Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines. Ability to lead others through coaching/training. Experience with public speaking or acting as a media spokesperson.
- Effort: Travel is required throughout assigned territory. Must have reliable vehicle and valid driver's license, and maintain adequate insurance. Mileage is reimbursed for use of personal vehicle. Possibility of overnight travel.
- Physical Demands: Required to regularly stand, use hands, reach with arm, and talk and hear. Frequently required to sit, stoop, crouch and kneel. Must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Hours: Generally, Monday through Friday. Occasional night or weekend hours for special events.
- Work Environment: Job duties may be stressful. Employee may be exposed to inclement weather while calling on accounts.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing