Digital Marketing and Communications Strategist - CIP (Posted 01/14/19)
The Digital Marketing and Communications Strategist is an excellent marketer, creating success at the intersection of digital marketing, communications, and technology. This position is a key member of the Marketing Department and will work with other members of the team to create a strong digital presence for CIP and 35+ apartment communities. The ideal candidate possesses strong attention to detail, an ability to execute marketing best practices, and measure success on key performance metrics. This person is a problem-solver, resourceful, a self-starter, and is effective in time management and managing priorities. The Digital Marketing and Communications Strategist reports to the Director of Marketing and Training and works closely with the marketing, training, and property management teams.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manage and develop corporate and 35+ property websites, including layouts, functionalities, content and more; create strong user experiences that leads to effective inbound marketing.
- Write and manage SEO for all websites.
- Optimize website functionality as it aligns with buyer’s journey and to maximize conversions.
- Strategize and standardize content on third-party internet advertising listings.
- Serve as corporate communications manager.
- Promote and market CIP as a business and grow community awareness and involvement.
- Manage corporate awards programs.
- Manage company communications including news releases, employee newsletter, and corporate blog.
- Develop and manage employee intranet, serving as key point of contact.
- Manage survey programs.
- Analyze and use survey results to inform on consumer habits and provide recommendations.
- Stay abreast digital best practices and areas of innovation to maximize inbound marketing efforts and key performance metrics.
- Analyze customer lifecycle and buying process, adjusting digital marketing and communication initiatives to align.
- Support the marketing effort with research, analysis, and reporting in areas such as market research, demographic data, and more.
- Utilize project management software to track ongoing tasks and projects.
- Monitor data such as Google Analytics, advertising data, and others to determine effectiveness of strategy and make adjustments as required.
- Assist and coach property teams on how to use marketing-related tools.
- Represent and encourage others in “living” out the company Mission Statement, Vision and Core Values.
- Absorbs and complies with laws/policies regarding Federal, State and Municipal Fair Housing Laws, and The Tenant Landlord Act.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required use their hands and fingers, talk or hear, and see. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Must be proficient with marketing concepts and strategies and SEO.
- Demonstrable experience and aptitude with web technologies, web design and user experience. HTML, CSS, and other coding experience not required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Comfortable in learning industry-specific technological tools and eager to become an expert.
- You thrive on working independently, take initiatives on projects, and love working in a team environment.
- Familiarity with Google Analytics, Adobe Creative Suite, and project management tools.
- Experience in the multifamily industry or with Yardi software a plus, but not required.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, communications, public relations, or relevant field; at least four years of related experience and/or training.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to inside office conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed chemicals associated with the laser jet printer. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Please apply at www.rentcip.com/careers.