Development Specialist - Launch Leadership INC (Posted 1-9-19)
Launch Leadership is a volunteer-powered nonprofit, passionate about helping middle and high school students discover themselves through immersive, experience-based leadership training. We serve approximately 2,000 students throughout the year during our five-day Summer Leadership Workshops (currently hosted in Wayne, NE), Leadership Retreats, and other year-round services.
The Development Specialist will work in lockstep with Launch’s Executive Director to help grow the organization’s donor base and reach. Specifically, this person will take the lead in:
- Coordinating our annual fundraising event and other outreach programs and events, with the help of the Launch Volunteer Staff
- Managing a new customer management system (CMS). You’ll work alongside our Executive Director in entering financial data to QuickBooks online and help oversee administrative projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Business or Finance required.
- Passion for youth leadership development.
- Experience working for a nonprofit or similar organization preferred.
- Working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets and general computer literacy. Bonus: Specific experience with Google products, Quickbooks and Neon.
- Detail-oriented with strong interpersonal skills, positive mental attitude and ability to work in a progressive, team-based environment.
- Lead the charge in coordinating the details and people in making our annual fundraising event, Fire and Fuzzies, a smashing success.
- Integrate and introduce our new customer management system (CMS), Neon to track donor relationships, measure growth and pull reports for the Executive Director and Launch Board.
- Collaborate with our Finance Manager in submitting weekly invoices, as well as data entry of bank transactions to QuickBooks Online. Pull reports as needed for Executive Director and Board.
- Support the Executive Director in detail management, meeting coordination, and customer correspondence.
- Facilitate background checks for Volunteer Staff members
- Assist Workshop Director and Registration coordinator leading up to June/July Workshop. Duties may include: fielding parent/school questions. Processing refunds or manual payments. Follow-up communication, printing requests for leadership guides or staff pages.
Salary – This is a full-time, salaried position with a range between $40–$45,000.
Vacation – Unlimited vacation with flexible scheduling.
Benefits – Full benefits available, including Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
OUR CORE VALUES
We’re FOR REAL – It may seem impossible that this many people have so much enthusiasm for empowering young leaders, but it’s not. The Launch Volunteer Staff’s passion for what we do is entirely genuine, and we inspire that same earnestness in the students we work with.
We’re in it TOGETHER – We know that everyone has something to contribute, so we make space for everyone at the table. Everything we’ve done and will go on to do is the result of our unfailing recognition of each individual’s potential and sheer, steady teamwork.
We’re RELENTLESS – Vision? Check. Motivation to see it through? You bet. For WE’RE us, it’s not enough to have a great idea. We have to make it happen. Our staff is constantly innovating in order to build up not just our organization, but our students and each other too.
We’re CONTAGIOUS – We don’t just keep that metaphorical fire—we spread it. Our enthusiasm for the organization is something we need to share, and, once we do, we nd that enthusiasm for Launch is something others want to experience for themselves.
Ready to Apply?
- Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com by Fri., Jan 11 at 5:00 p.m.
- As part of your cover letter, select one of the core values above you most resonate with. Explain why.