Content Strategist - NBS - Nelnet (Posted 8/27)
Plan and execute the content strategy, including social media, email marketing, SEO, and content syndication for all Nelnet Business Solutions’ brands. This role is responsible for creating, writing, and curating content for multiple communication channels that supports the overall marketing and client communication strategy.
- Plan, write, and edit content that is distributed across multiple platforms including email, blog, social media, digital, webinars, presentations, proposals, and newsletters.
- Create and facilitate execution of editorial calendars and automated lead nurturing streams for each NBS brand.
- Conduct internal and external interviews and write case studies, testimonials, and white papers to help advance thought leadership and position industry expertise.
- Adhere to messaging and style guides for all NBS brands.
- Maintain marketing content library and audits to ensure all content is up-to-date and periodically refreshed.
- Optimize content with appropriate keywords and hashtags to tell compelling brand stories and maximize SEO and exposure across web, digital, and social channels.
- Provide messaging direction for new marketing initiatives and campaigns. Assist in writing proposals and RFP responses as needed.
- Work with marketing managers, graphic designers, digital strategists, copy editors, and proposal writers to ensure all content is on-brand, consistent in style and tone of voice, and optimized for search for all channels, including online, social media, email, video, print and in-person.
- Measure content performance and develop a testing strategy to continually optimize content marketing performance.
- Research, study and maintain an expert knowledge of content marketing trends, best practices and technologies.
- Review and provide feedback on concepts and work of creative writers where appropriate.
- Work with marketing strategy team to ensure accurate and efficient processes for project management.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent (Marketing or Advertising preferred).
3 years marketing and/or writing experience.
COMPETENCIES – SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES:
- Proven mastery of language and grammar.
- Ability to write for diverse audiences.
- Technical and promotional writing skills.
- Excellent proofreading skills.
- Proven time management skills.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strategic vision.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Broad understanding of marketing communication disciplines.
- Ability to work independently or in a group.
Nelnet is an Equal Opportunity Employer, complies with Executive Order 11246, and takes affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed, and that employees are treated during employment, without regard to race, color, religion/creed, national origin, gender, or sex, marital status, age, disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance. Qualified individuals with disabilities who require reasonable accommodations in order to apply or compete for positions at Nelnet may request such accommodations by contacting Nelnet Talent Acquisition & Recruiting.
Nelnet is a Drug Free and Tobacco Free Workplace.