Chief Marketing Officer - YMCA of Lincoln, NE (Posted 11/28)
CHIEF MARKETING OFFICER
The Lincoln YMCA is seeking a mission-driven and motivated leader to assume responsibility for developing and implementing effective Association wide marketing and communications objectives, policies, practices and standards. As the Chief Marketing Officer, you will be responsible for creating innovative marketing strategies that will build our brand, leading to increased awareness, fundraising revenue, relevance and respect among our target audience. Our ideal candidate would take a hands on approach and possesses tremendous communication and leadership skills, with proven success in traditional and innovative campaigns across the broad spectrum of today’s marketing channels. We are looking for a groundbreaking leader with strategic, creative and financial acumen as well as a strong business intellect to take our organization to the next level. If you are an experienced marketer able to lead and drive marketing and branding efforts to increase the YMCA of Lincoln, NE’s awareness and growth targets; and if you have a passion for meaningful social change, then the Y is the right place for you!
HOW TO APPLY:
Apply Online: http://www.ymcalincolnjobs.org
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Directly carries out supervisory responsibilities to effectively manage personnel in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; auditing and appraising performance; approving and reporting payroll; conducting staff meetings; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems without direct oversight and with independent discretion and judgment.
- Develops, organizes and facilitates annual association marketing and communications plan. Monitors the achievement of this plan, taking appropriate action to ensure that the goals and objectives are met, brand and cause criteria are included in all materials and communication vehicles are in place that create momentum and awareness.
- Continually researches, develops and implements new methods to enhance marketing, communications, member initiatives and partnerships and keeps the YMCA on the marketing forefront.
- Assumes responsibility for the concept and development of all marketing/communication pieces.
- Continually monitors graphic and “voice” integrity, consistency and style of marketing pieces. Takes appropriate action to correct improper use of the YMCA logo and branding standards.
- Works with other staff to collect relevant information for the development of the Association’s communication pieces (APA style press releases, Association wide newsletters, CEO/President’s communication pieces, etc.).
- Continually researches, develops and implements new methods (apps, videos, etc.) to enhance marketing, communications and member initiatives and keep the YMCA on the marketing forefront.
- Oversees the Association’s online presence to assure marketing and informational goals are met.
- Facilitates collecting and maintaining Y stories, photography and video. Implements into marketing materials as appropriate.
- Participates in departmental meetings with program staff to continue to drive marketing strategy. Provides training to YMCA staff as applicable.
- Manages the marketing side of the Association’s annual giving and capital campaigns. Duties include providing communication and guidance to staff and volunteers and developing campaign materials.
- Coordinates all marketing associated tasks during special events (creating materials/video, promoting, photography, etc.).
- In coordination with the President/CEO, oversees the Association’s full range of activities required to research, prepare, submit and manage grant proposals to foundation and corporate sources.
- Develops and maintains relationships with media outlets.
- Works closely with the COO, CFO and CHRO on Association matters.
- Maintains consistent, regular and confidential communication with President/CEO.
- Responds to inquiries from business associates, community members, volunteers and staff.
- Receives and protects confidential information.
- Receives and carries out instructions.
- Maintains regular and predictable attendance.
- Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and previous marketing experience.