Social Media Coordinator – Olsson
We are Olsson, a team-based, purpose-driven engineering and design firm. Our solutions improve communities and our people make it possible.
Our most meaningful asset is our people, and we are dedicated to providing an environment where they can continue to learn, grow, and thrive. Our entrepreneurial spirit is what has allowed us — and will continue to allow us — to grow. The result? Inspired people, amazing designs, and projects with purpose.
As a social media coordinator, you will be responsible for the management and growth of Olsson’s social media channels, including LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. This position will require strong writing skills, a knowledge of social media best practices, an understanding of social media’s role in an overall communications plan, and the ability to align social media with Olsson’s brand. Experience with Sprout or another social media management system is a plus. The ideal candidate will consistently identify and execute effective social media ideas that set Olsson apart from its competition. These ideas should also excite employees and generate interest from prospective clients and employment candidates.
Specific duties include monitoring Olsson’s social media accounts and engaging with social topics relevant to Olsson’s work. You will be expected to create timely responses to comments from followers, set and achieve follower count growth goals, manage the social media budget, and educate Olsson employees on social media best practices. Please supply 2-3 examples of social media posts or campaigns that you have created that reflect your knowledge and abilities.
We have one current opening and will consider candidates interested in being located out of our Lincoln or Omaha office locations.
You are passionate about:
- Working collaboratively with others
- Having ownership in the work you do
- Using your talents to positively affect communities
You bring to the team:
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to contribute and work well on a team.
- 2-3 years of professional social media experience.
- Significant experience in communications or public relations.
- Ability to harness the power of communication and social media.
- Experience partnering with graphic designers, photographers, or videographers.
- Bachelor’s degree in a communications-related field.
Olsson is a nationally recognized, employee-owned firm specializing in planning and design, engineering, field services, environmental, and technology. Founded in 1956 on the very mindset that drives us today, we’re here to improve communities by making them more sustainable, better connected, and more efficient. Simply put, we work to leave the world better than we found it.
As an Olsson employee, you’ll receive our traditional benefits package (health care, vision, dental, paid time off, etc.), plus you’ll:
- Become an owner in the company after your first year through our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Engage in work that has a positive impact in communities
- Receive an excellent 401(k) match
- Participate in a wellness program promoting balanced lifestyles
- Benefit from a bonus system that rewards performance
- Have the possibility for flexible work arrangements
Olsson is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.