Marketing Specialist (NBS) – Nelnet
Nelnet is a student loan servicer that’s grown into a fiber internet pioneer, real estate investor, and software provider. But that’s just the beginning. With 6,500 associates and growing, we take our business wherever superior customer experiences and ingenuity are needed.
The perks of working at Nelnet go beyond our benefits package. When you join the Nelnet team, you’re part of a community invested in the success of each individual. That support comes through in our work, as we are united by our mission of creating opportunities for people where they live, learn, and work.
To assist in the planning and execution of marketing programs and projects by managing the day-to-day development of work and ensuring marketing programs are completed on time, on budget, and in line with set goals.
- Schedule and attend team and/or stakeholder meetings as determined appropriate by the marketing manager or other leaders.
- Prepare creative briefs and lead kick offs for assigned marketing campaigns, lead generation activities, retention initiatives, and conferences and events
- Prepare project briefs and/or production notes and assist in the development of marketing plans or creative briefs.
- Organize progress of jobs through project management software by working with Traffic to track, monitor, and guide all jobs for their assigned stakeholders.
- Review all work from the creative team prior to stakeholder approval for grammatical, technical and visual accuracy, and overall brand consistency.
- Prepare production and/or other estimates for marketing team approval.
- Coordinate conference and event deliverables
- Coordinate production of marketing materials, social and content calendars and postings, and daily website (CMS) updates.
- Evaluate results of campaign, project, and/or communications plan along with the marketing manager.
- Assists marketing team in compiling information, secondary research, and/or other assigned projects and campaigns.
- Supervise intern.
4-year degree in marketing, advertising, or related field
1-3 years in marketing position.
COMPETENCIES – SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES:
Strategic, detail-oriented, strong written and oral communication skills, good at building team and client relationships, organized, good at multi-tasking, adaptable, quick to learn and work independently
Our benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, HSA and FSA, generous earned time off, 401K/student loan repayment, life insurance & AD&D insurance, employee assistance program, employee stock purchase program, tuition reimbursement, performance-based incentive pay, short- and long-term disability, and a robust wellness program. Click here to learn more about our benefits: LINK.
Nelnet is an Equal Opportunity Employer, complies with Executive Order 11246, and takes affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed, and that employees are treated during employment, without regard to race, color, religion/creed, national origin, gender, or sex, marital status, age, disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance.
Qualified individuals with disabilities who require reasonable accommodations in order to apply or compete for positions at Nelnet may request such accommodations by contacting Corporate Recruiting at 402-486-5725 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nelnet is a Drug Free and Tobacco Free Workplace.