Growth Marketing Manager (Community Solar) – Nelnet
Nelnet is a student loan servicer that’s grown into a fiber internet pioneer, real estate investor, and software provider. But that’s just the beginning. With 6,500 associates and growing, we take our business wherever superior customer experiences and ingenuity are needed.
The perks of working at Nelnet go beyond our benefits package. When you join the Nelnet team, you’re part of a community invested in the success of each individual. That support comes through in our work, as we are united by our mission of creating opportunities for people where they live, learn, and work.
Are you passionate about making a difference, positively impacting the global climate crisis, and the work that you do? If this is you, Nelnet’s Renewable Energy Team, a leader in community solar, is seeking a high-performing Growth Marketing Manager to lead Nelnet’s Community Solar subscriber growth, marketing strategies, and lead generation campaigns.
With the growing demand for renewable energy, Nelnet Renewable Energy is an innovative leader in meeting the demand for shared community solar farms. Residents and businesses can subscribe for free without any installations and enjoy savings on their monthly utility bills with community solar.
Nelnet Renewable Energy is looking for a candidate obsessed with engaging potential customers to spread the word on community solar and drive subscribers to participate in our community solar farms. You will be accountable for developing customer acquisition strategies that drive lead generation and conversions in this role. The Growth Marketing Manager must be an experienced demand generation strategist and tactician, equally comfortable developing high-level growth marketing campaigns while directing development resources to oversee and optimize the execution of integrated go-to-market omnichannel campaigns that drive subscriber/customer acquisition.
- Work with business stakeholders to develop an integrated annual growth marketing strategy, budget, and tactical plan.
- Partner with business development in the identification and entry into new markets (local and state markets).
- Develops organic/paid/mixed customer acquisition strategies and campaigns to reach Community Solar subscriber target goals.
- Evaluate, test, and implement new ways to improve the creation and conversion of incoming & existing subscriber leads.
- Research and execute all aspects of digital and traditional marketing campaigns, including market analysis, audience segmentation, go-to-market strategy, scheduling, budgeting, resource allocation, asset development, optimization, and reporting.
- Identify, measure, and report key campaign metrics and analyze programs for performance insights that inform continuous campaign optimization and improvement.
- Drives execution in the following and other marketing channels: digital advertising, social media, traditional media, SEM/SEO, account-based marketing campaigns, and digital asset creation.
- Coordinate with SMEs, industry experts, strategic partners, internal specialists (web, design, media, writing, etc.), and outside vendors to develop marketing assets successfully.
- Define and monitor key performance indicators with a focus on discovering ways to maximize ROI.
- Make resource allocation decisions based on changing and evolving marketing priorities.
- 7-8 years of marketing experience with 3-5 years of demand generation/acquisition experience successfully meeting customer acquisition targets.
- Previous experience in an energy (ideally renewable energy) company/industry (preferred).
- Excellent verbal, written, listening, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Passion for products, growth marketing, and discovering new ideas to meet market needs.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Must be able to handle a high volume of projects.
- Strong leadership skills to lead, motivate and drive teams to deliver world-class marketing and high-impact results.
- Perform a wide variety of tasks – a wide degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- Self-motivated and action-driven with the ability to work independently to execute and follow through.
- Work successfully in a rapidly changing environment is necessary.
- Strong work ethic, values, and integrity.
- Embraces challenges enthusiastically, then executes relentlessly.
- Be willing to expand the role and find ways to support the team even when it is outside your role and responsibilities.
- Understanding of growth marketing strategies, tools, and best practices.
- Knowledge of digital advertising platforms, social media platforms, event activations, integrations, and multi-channel campaign measurement.
- Experience with multi-channel marketing strategy, A/B, and multivariate test design, optimization, and ROI.
- Proficiency in digital marketing tools such as Google Analytics, Google Adwords, Apple Search Ads, Facebook Ads manager, etc.
- Knowledge of marketing automation and CRM (Salesforce) platform management platforms, processes, required resources, and best practices.
- Proficient in Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Teams.
For Colorado residents: the salary range for this position is $60,000 to $92,000 per year, depending on experience.
Our benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, HSA and FSA, generous earned time off, 401K/student loan repayment, life insurance & AD&D insurance, employee assistance program, employee stock purchase program, tuition reimbursement, performance-based incentive pay, short- and long-term disability, and a robust wellness program. Click here to learn more about our benefits: LINK.
Nelnet is an Equal Opportunity Employer, complies with Executive Order 11246, and takes affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed, and that employees are treated during employment, without regard to race, color, religion/creed, national origin, gender, or sex, marital status, age, disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance.
Qualified individuals with disabilities who require reasonable accommodations in order to apply or compete for positions at Nelnet may request such accommodations by contacting Corporate Recruiting at 402-486-5725 or email@example.com.
Nelnet is a Drug Free and Tobacco Free Workplace.