Creative Director – Speedway Motors
Looking to join our team? Here’s what we’re looking for!
Our goal at Speedway Motors is to help our customers drive their dreams. We’ve got the right automotive parts, crucial technical help and we’ll deliver it all fast—because that’s what our customers need to get the job done.
We’re looking for a new Creative Director in the Marketing department—a rockstar creative leader with a deep understanding of all the moving pieces that go into a full brand experience. You’re obsessed with our customers and winning their hearts. You have an eye for sophisticated design, photos, video and copy that resonates with our audience and elevates our brand. You are fiercely devoted to the creatives in your care, inspiring their best work and cultivating a strong sense of team.
Does this sound like you? Alright then, bring it on. Apply and introduce yourself.
We believe strongly in our company values and live them out each day. We work together as One Team across all departments, Choose Positivity in everything we do, put People First, encourage speaking up because You Have a Voice, and above all else we are Driven to Succeed. If you can embrace these values and they align with who you are, then we’d love to chat with you!
A killer Creative Director is equal parts strategic marketer, high-level creative and talented manager. You think outside the box, but you also know how to make that box look amazing. You care as much about who our customers are and what drives them as you do about Pantone colors and kerning. You’re a big picture thinker, but you also sweat the small stuff and care about the details. You can identify opportunities, build a plan of attack and move it across the finish line. You are a stellar communicator, and you are our company’s most dedicated brand advocate. You have ideas, and we want to hear them.
Does that sound like you? Good, because we’ll want you to:
- Own and nurture the brand strategy for Speedway Motors, so that we can attract customers, keep them, and delight them.
- Oversee design, photo, video and copy projects from concept to delivery—we’re talking ads, emails, packaging, event materials, web properties, video storytelling, catalog cover shoots and so much more.
- Lead and inspire designers, photographers, videographers and copywriters on the team to make brilliant work every day.
- Brainstorm new projects and breathe new life into existing projects.
- Run the creative team like an in-house agency, serving “clients” throughout the company and delivering outstanding creative on time and on scope.
- Manage budgets for a variety of areas, including branding initiatives, software and other advertising expenses.
- Maintain regular and reliable attendance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
We’ll take care of you – here’s how!
We put our employees first, and care about your well-being and personal life. From a competitive benefits package and 401k plan to growth opportunities, we have your best interest in mind, always.
- Comprehensive health, dental and vision insurance
- Retirement plan with company match
- Unlimited PTO
- Paid holidays
- Continuing education reimbursement
- Wellness program and gym reimbursement
- Discount on Speedway Motors product, extra pay for being involved in the industry (attending car shows, race events, creating content for automotive blog), rent discount for all Speedway Properties, and referral bonuses.
- An extremely supportive team.
- Opportunity to utilize your strengths and be creative.
In March of 2020, we moved the majority of our office roles to work-from-home full time to protect our workforce and their families. This role will be remote, but may eventually require some in-office time as well.
In an effort to keep our Speedway Motors family safe we have implemented in-person safety measures including PPE, temp checks and rigorous cleaning schedules for those that are working on campus. We’ve also implemented safety measures including working from home for those that are able.
Remote work opportunities can be performed in these states: Nebraska, Arizona, West Virginia, Indiana, Wisconsin, Texas, Michigan, Nevada, Florida, and Kansas.
Now, here are the “must haves” HR wants you to know about:
- 7+ years of relevant graphic design, photo, video or writing experience and a well-rounded portfolio including some combination of your own work and work of a creative team you’ve led.
- Solid leadership skills and 3+ years of direct management experience, including developing and mentoring a team of creatives.
- Comprehensive understanding of branding principles required—and experience in retail and/or automotive branding is a plus.
- Proven creative direction skills including development and implementation of brand standards across multiple facets of an organization.
- Experience in art directing photo and video shoots.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate brand strategy.
- Ability to balance and maintain a budget.
- Thorough and detail-oriented; excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Initiative and accountability to handle multiple projects in a deadline-oriented environment with limited supervision.
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop) and some working knowledge of HTML/CSS.
Are you missing a “must have” or two, but you just KNOW you’re the person we’re looking for? Alright, Killer, convince us. We’re suckers for an outstanding marketing effort.
Visit careers.speedwaymotors.com to apply. Please include your cover letter, resume, and a link to your portfolio. (Submissions without a portfolio will not be considered.)