Associate Director of Marketing – Southeast Community College
Under the general direction and supervision of the Administrative Director, Public Information and Marketing, the Associate Director, Marketing enhances the image and awareness of the College’s programs and services. The ideal candidate will have extensive marketing experience and a comprehensive knowledge of branding. The Associate Director will be responsible for developing and evaluating marketing strategies, planning and coordinating marketing efforts, communicating marketing plans, and building awareness and positioning for the College’s brand. Other responsibilities include identifying specific marketing goals and objectives, developing strategic and imaginative marketing plans, managing and overseeing the details of projects from start to finish, working within policies that identify SCC’s brand/priority messages and how to communicate them, contributing to the creation of marketing materials in a variety of media, providing editorial and proofreading assistance, plus evaluation. Collaboration with many diverse departments/areas of the College, including the Institutional Research Office, is an important aspect of this position.
- Manage the conception, development and implementation of a strategic marketing plan for the College.
- Enhance image and awareness of the College’s programs and services through innovative, comprehensive and dynamic branding, marketing, and promotion strategies.
- Collaborate with all areas of the College to develop and implement marketing and branding strategies for new and existing services including, but not limited to: credit and noncredit classes and workshops, programs and events, all the while focusing on growing audiences for our services.
- Understand key marketing performance metrics and tracking tools and provide marketing activity reports and metrics to measure campaign success.
- Maintain a consistent brand and image for the College.
- Assist with the development of external marketing/promotional materials and edit/proofread materials as needed.
- Oversee marketing campaigns, including establishing goals and objectives, providing leadership and creative communication direction, exercising strategies to implement marketing efforts, and working collaboratively with college personnel to help advance the goals of the College.
- Work with the Institutional Research Office to identify new market segments in order to establish sound strategies.
- Identify new tools and technologies to increase efficiency in the College’s marketing efforts.
- Participate in professional development and training.
- Attend College functions and special events as needed.
- Promote and support the College’s diversity goals; promote/support Access, Fair Employment, EEO, Equity and Diversity programs.
- Promote and support the College’s organizational environment goals. Maximize operational efficiency by enhancing policies and procedures, staffing, and communication processes and practices. Enhance positive communication processes and practices, and maximize a positive and engaging organizational environment by encouraging input, reflective and transparent communication, and compassion and respect toward the views and ideas of others.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising, communications, business, or related field.
- Two (2) years’ work experience in marketing, advertising and/or communications.
- Successful track record in developing marketing strategies and campaigns.
- Master’s degree in marketing, advertising, communications or related field.
- Five (5) years’ work experience in marketing, advertising and/or communications.
- Marketing, advertising and/or communications experience in higher education.