Web Designer – BCom Solutions
BCom is looking for a WordPress designer/developer to join our growing creative team. BCom Solutions is the digital agency for rural campaigns, causes and companies. We know how to build digital movements, raise millions online — and win. Recognized by Inc. Magazine as one of the fastest growing companies in the Midwest, our digital strategy team has worked on cutting-edge digital programs for campaigns and organizations across the country.
Position Responsibilities Include:
– Good eye for design
– Detail oriented, ability to clearly see small details within design/code
– Use modern digital tools to create full production-ready website mockups
– Understanding of UX principles to deliver high quality user experiences
– Ability to deliver an engaging user experience across multiple devices
– Ability to carry a project from concept to finished product
– Experience with HTML, CSS, PHP, JS
– Convert design files into pixel perfect responsive websites
– Code custom WordPress themes: Plugin decisions, client experience on the backend, theme –
testing, add client content
– Server monitoring, management and support
– Website maintenance: Plugin updates, Bug fixes
– Theme modifications and troubleshooting
– Support ticket system management: Troubleshooting and bug fixing for all web platforms
– Site testing and advanced debugging
– Caching setup
– Custom API calls and integrations
– Custom JS
– Custom WP plugins
– Knowledge and experience in building and deploying CDN and SSL architectures on websites.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
– Understanding of HTML / CSS / JS, PHP
– Experience with WordPress CMS and other CMS platforms
– Willingness to grow as a designer
– Understanding of JS frameworks
– Shares our company’s core values
– Excellent project management and communication skills
– Excellent team-oriented working habits
Why Join Us?
– 100% covered medical insurance
– Extensive vacation time package
– Conference stipend to attend cool events, meet ups, and gatherings
– Flexible working hours, ability to manage projects remotely and on-site
– Remote work friendly. Currently team members are located in Nebraska, Ohio and Washington, D.C.
– Salary commensurate with experience.