The membership manager assists in building, retaining, and optimizing our membership through marketing, selling, and managing basic membership services. We are seeking a membership manager who is passionate about our Chamber mission and looking for a rewarding career in traditional and digital membership marketing. We prefer candidates with a background in sales or membership/customer relations and who is experienced with cloud-based CRM-integrated platforms and marketing technology.
- Assists in developing marketing plans to support the Chamber’s member retention and recruitment strategies, including, but not limited to:
- Creating content for digital and printed communications
- Social media recognition and engagement
- Developing and implementing effective membership sales strategies
- Cultivate and grow member prospect list.
- Manage membership renewals, including invoicing, processing payments, and weekly account reconciliation.
- Provide weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting on membership growth and retention.
- Maintain and enhance the Nebraska Chamber database of members (CRM).
- Train staff members on membership CRM processes.
- Supports occasional membership events and assists in preparing materials for meetings and conferences.
- Manage inquiries and provide quality customer service to through email, mail, and phone.
- Support members’ ability to access and use their member portal.
- Assist with compiling information for audit or review by working with the Financial Director to provide necessary membership revenue reports and documentation.
- 3+ years’ experience with sales or membership relation, donor/donation-based company experience, a plus
- Proficiency with cloud-based CRM-integrated platforms
- Proven experience with sales plans, implementation, and reporting
- Marketing platform experience, a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, especially in the customer service area
- Detail-oriented and ability to work with a high degree of accuracy
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite, PowerPoint, Word
- Ability to perform numerical calculations, maintain records and analyze reports
- Ability to prioritize, organize and be flexible to maintain daily tasks
- Commitment to confidentiality
- Associate or Bachelors Degree
- Full Time/40 Hours Per Week
- Some Flexibility in Work Scheduling
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Life/Disability insurance
- Paid time off