Media Planner/Buyer – Firespring
Looking for your chance to make a real impact?
Firespring, one of the largest marketing communications firms in the Midwest, is looking for our next amazing human to join our team. We’re known for providing marketing, printing, websites and strategic guidance to thousands of brands, businesses and nonprofits. Our clients and partners count on us as a force in our areas of expertise to help them do more good.
See if this position sounds like your dream job. We can’t wait to find out if it could be you.
Ready for some new friends? You’ll be working closely with our Creative Team and will be responsible for all aspects of media services. Not only conceptualizing through research, strategy and planning, but also the negotiating, buying/placement, trafficking and client invoicing/reconciliation. You will be responsible for establishing and maintaining positive client and vendor relationships. Smiles are key.
If you agree, read on.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- You cultivate and maintain client relationships.
- You consistently portray a professional image.
- You possess strong mathematical abilities. And you aren’t afraid to show them.
- You are reliable, accountable and flexible.
- You communicate all relevant information between the client and the creative team.
- You ensure the client’s complete satisfaction.
- You have an attention to detail that rivals Sherlock.
- Flexibility and leadership is huge. If you’re a team player, let’s talk.
- Ability to coordinate many ongoing projects simultaneously is key. If you have the skills, be ready to prove it.
- Understanding of basic media research tools including Nielsen ratings goes without saying.
- You have a broad knowledge of all media including but not limited to television, radio, newspaper, magazine, out-of-home, and digital.
- More than proficient with Word and Excel. You would throw around the word “veteran” easily.
- You have specific knowledge of STRATA and/or Advantage media buying software (or similar media buying program)
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Three or more years of experience with all forms of paid media. Agency work is also something you have known and loved before.
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary—We recognize that our people are our greatest asset. We reward candidates who wow us by offering competitive pay.
- Vacation—Paid holidays are a no brainer, but how does unlimited, paid vacation sound? Salaried employees of Firespring are encouraged to take what they need when it comes to time off in order to live their best and healthiest lives.
- 401(k)—Your parents preached about the importance of saving. Now we’re helping you get it done. Firespring provides professional financial advisors who will help you make a plan and guide your investments.
- Fun—Millions of people go to work, punch the clock from 8 to 5 and hate every moment of it. That’s not the case here. We have an indoor slide, a game room and a group of people dedicated to creating activities and fun inside and outside the office. To put it mildly, we’re serious about having fun—and it reflects in our work too.
- Giving back—When your employer makes it possible for you to give back to your community on the clock? Win for everyone. Every Firespring team member gets one paid day off each month to give back to the community in any way they’d like.
- Miscellaneous Benefits—Not all benefits are about the Benjamins, baby. Some of the things you’ll enjoy while working here include unlimited soft drinks, tea and beer. And don’t worry about your duds—business-casual is the dress code here. Still looking to make your cubicle-shackled friends jealous of your new gig? Our company-wide social and recreational activities are sure to do just that.
Ready to come aboard?
Please include a cover letter. Resumes without one won’t be considered.
While we genuinely appreciate your interest in employment with Firespring, we can only respond to the most qualified candidates.
Firespring is an EEO/AA employer.