Marketing Specialist I – Nelnet Marketing
To assist in the planning and execution of marketing programs and projects by managing the day-to-day development of work and ensuring marketing programs are completed on time, on budget, and in line with set goals.
This position requires work in support of the Company’s contract with the United States Department of Education (“ED”). As such, the United States Government requires that any applicant for this position must complete United States Government security clearance. Effective June 1, 2018, ED has informed Nelnet that security clearance applications for foreign nationals are not being accepted or processed. In light of this direction from ED, Nelnet will be unable to hire applicants without United States citizenship for such positions.
- Schedule and attend team and/or stakeholder meetings as determined appropriate by the marketing manager or other leaders.
- Prepare creative briefs and lead kick offs for assigned marketing campaigns, lead generation activities, retention initiatives, and conferences and events
- Prepare project briefs and/or production notes and assist in the development of marketing plans or creative briefs.
- Organize progress of jobs through project management software by working with Traffic to track, monitor, and guide all jobs for their assigned stakeholders.
- Review all work from the creative team prior to stakeholder approval for grammatical, technical and visual accuracy, and overall brand consistency.
- Prepare production and/or other estimates for marketing team approval.
- Coordinate conference and event deliverables
- Coordinate production of marketing materials, social and content calendars and postings, and daily website (CMS) updates.
- Evaluate results of campaign, project, and/or communications plan along with the marketing manager.
- Assists marketing team in compiling information, secondary research, and/or other assigned projects and campaigns.
- Supervise intern.
4-year degree in marketing, advertising, or related field
1-3 years in marketing position.
COMPETENCIES – SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES:
Strategic, detail-oriented, strong written and oral communication skills, good at building team and client relationships, organized, good at multi-tasking, adaptable, quick to learn and work independently
Nelnet is a Drug Free and Tobacco Free Workplace.