Marketing & Public Relations Director – Legacy Retirement Communities
Summary of Responsibilities: The Marketing & Public Relations Director is responsible for managing the overall marketing and public relation initiatives for the Company. This position is responsible for marketing and promotional activities/campaigns and directs all public relations activities including media communications. The Marketing & Public Relations Director will deliver high quality services in a manner consistent with the mission and values of the Legacy Retirement Communities and complies with applicable state and federal laws and regulations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create and develop marketing and public relation strategies, campaigns, and initiatives to educate the public/promote the Legacy lifestyle. Ensure consistent branding.
- Responsible for the marketing and public relation campaigns to include email campaigns, direct mail campaigns, social media promotion, video production and editing. etc. This includes the direction of the content creation/design of the communication materials which may include brochures, invites, flyers, postings, etc.
- Manage and coordinate all components of internal/external marketing events to ensure success of the event. Internal events may include the signature events, patio parties, etc. Develop the theme for the event for the invites/marketing materials, decorations, booth design, etc. Ensure all departments know their responsibilities to make the event successful.
- Responsible for media communications both in written and digital format. This includes creating and distributing press releases for newsworthy happenings and creating relationships with public relations sources/community representatives.
- Responsible for overseeing the Company’s social media presence on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, etc. Responsible for ensuring consistent message and up-to-date information via email marketing platforms, company website and employee Intranet.
- Respond to information queries from the media and the general public.
- Track marketing campaign data i.e. number of mailers sent, number of respondents to an event, number of interactions on an online campaign, etc. Use collected information to analyze results of the campaign.
- Reputation management – manage online review platforms such as Google, Yelp, etc.
- Website management – manage, create content, and make updates as needed.
- Coordinate with Human Resources recruitment efforts and develop recruitment campaigns.
- Determine the need to use specialized creative services i.e. photographers, graphic designers, videographers, etc. and obtain authorization to use the service. Coordinate/manage the process/project.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Cherry Hill management.
- A college degree in Marketing, Communications, Commercial Art/Graphic Design or related field preferred.
- Five years in marketing and communications. Knowledge of retirement living preferred.
- Experience in all aspects of developing and managing marketing strategies needed.
- Computer knowledge, Mac or PC, and associated software products required.
- Effective project management and time-management skills needed. Self-motivation required.
- High degree of interpersonal relations skills and capable of relating to a variety of people and personalities. Considerable initiative, judgment and teamwork skills needed.
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills. Strong attention to detail needed. Negotiation skills are a plus in securing media and community relationships.
- Able to work flexible hours when needed as events happen in the evenings and on weekends.