Marketing Intern – West Gate Bank
Reports to: Chief Marketing Officer
Primary Job Purpose: Broaden your marketing and communication skills while gaining valuable real-world experience with a locally-owned community bank. The Marketing Intern is responsible for providing support to the Chief Marketing Officer.
- Assist with direct mail account acquisition strategy–track and analyze results to suggest improvement/changes to West Gate Bank account acquisition strategy
- Assist with all West Gate Bank marketing and advertising campaigns, both externally and internally
- Ensure consistency and enhancement of West Gate Bank’s brand identity
- Track results and ROI from all marketing and advertising campaigns and suggest initiatives for future/repeated endeavors
- Assist in management of West Gate Bank web site (revisions as requested)
- Assist with West Gate Bank’s social media and digital advertising initiative
- Prepare and distribute all West Gate Bank press releases to local publications and associations
- Provide in-bank updates and new communications via the West Gate Bank intranet
- Assist with maintaining record of marketing pieces for compliance and exam purposes
- Assist Chief Marketing Officer with creative requests
- Assist with requests for promotional items
**This list is not inclusive as other responsibilities may be assigned and necessary
Work Direction: This position reports to the Chief Marketing Officer
Accountability: This position has access to and knowledge of the financial situation of customers and the financial institution. The utmost discretion and confidentiality must be exercised with all data.
Work Relationship: Daily contact and continuous contact with internal customers, vendors, and external customers. Must be able to communicate in a clear, concise, and pleasant manner.
Supervision: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Required Education, Experience and Skills
- 1-2 years of completed coursework in marketing, communications, advertising, graphic design, or a similar discipline
- Advanced knowledge of social media and prior experience in utilizing social media for business purposes
- Banking experience preferred but not required
- Must have working knowledge of desktop publishing computer software including, but not limited to: Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, and Microsoft Office Suite
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to manage and complete multiple tasks
- Web site maintenance
- Strong proofreading and grammar skills