Graphic Designer – Firespring
Looking for your chance to make a real impact?
Firespring, Nebraska’s first Certified B Corporation®, is looking for an amazing human to join our team. We’re known for providing marketing, printing and strategic guidance to thousands of brands, businesses and nonprofits in all 50 states and all over the world. Our mission is to accelerate client prosperity so we collectively do more good.
Please let us know if this position sounds like your dream job.
Ideal candidate is proficient in print and digital design, being comfortable with conceptualizing an idea and following it through to the finished product. Some tangible mediums you may work your magic on include print designs and layouts, digital advertising, social media content, email and landing page graphics and traditional campaign deliverables. Candidates should be comfortable doing two kinds of work: thoughtful, strategic long-form design projects where you get to flex your creative muscles, as well as smaller, fast-turn projects. There is no project too small—you consider all design work important and you can be relied on to jump in on anything with heart and creativity.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Develop innovative concepts and solutions that are on strategy.
- Establish a track record of producing work that is well received by our clients.
- Collaborate with writers, art directors and other team members to brainstorm solutions for our clients.
- Contribute to the strategic thinking that drives creative, brand and marketing.
- Manage design details and project deadlines—following jobs through to completion to ensure that the creative vision for the work is realized.
- Record time spent on projects accurately.
- Prepare client files for print production.
- Advanced skills in Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat) on a Mac operating system to produce layouts.
- 3 to 5 years of experience as a graphic designer.
- Drawing or illustration ability is beneficial.
- A design portfolio (of client work) that demonstrates a solid understanding of print and digital design principles, versatility and good design sense.
- A team-focused attitude, enthusiasm for learning and thirst for experience.
- Understanding of MS Office is a plus.
- Experience with Adobe Animate is a plus-plus.
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary—We recognize that our people are our greatest asset. We reward candidates who wow us by offering competitive pay.
- Vacation—Paid holidays are a no brainer, but how does unlimited, paid vacation sound? Salaried employees of Firespring are encouraged to take what they need when it comes to time off in order to live their best and healthiest lives.
- 401(k)—Your parents preached about the importance of saving. Now we’re helping you get it done. Firespring provides professional financial advisors who will help you make a plan and guide your investments.
- Fun—Millions of people go to work, punch the clock from 8 to 5 and hate every moment of it. That’s not the case here. We prioritize loving your experience here and have a group of people dedicated to creating activities inside and outside the office. To put it mildly, we’re serious about having fun—and it reflects in our work and the relationships too.
- Positive Community Impact—When your employer makes it possible for you to contribute to your community on the clock? Win for everyone. Every Firespring team member gets one paid day off each month to volunteer in any way they’d like.
- Miscellaneous Benefits—Not all benefits are about the Benjamins, baby. Some of the things you’ll enjoy while working here include unlimited soft drinks, tea and beer. If you require a flexible schedule, your manager is all ears.
Ready to come aboard? Let’s make this happen.
While we genuinely appreciate your interest in employment with Firespring, we can only respond to the most qualified candidates.
Firespring is an EEO/AA employer.