Email Marketing Manager – Nelnet Marketing
We are looking for an email marketing automation expert with experience in IBM Watson, Pardot, and other ESPs to join our Digital Marketing team. This role is an integral part of Marketing and will report directly to the Digital Marketing Manager. The person in this role will assist in the overall management and growth of Nelnet’s email marketing programs and lead a team of Email Marketing Specialists.
Primary accountability includes the development and execution of email programs to support marketing efforts across multiple business units while optimizing campaign performance, implementing testing strategies, including A/B testing, subject lines and CTAs, and partial or component-based email template development.
- Develop and implement end-to-end journey and lifecycle email campaigns, including campaign planning and design, list management, campaign health monitoring, and post-campaign analysis
- Develop and communicate a global view across email initiatives to ensure campaigns work together as part of a cohesive strategy to drive productive behavior
- Build scalable processes that ensure best practices in marketing automation and lead generation
- Develop, build, launch, and maintain email campaigns and marketing automation programs, including audience segmentation, lead qualification, and lead nurturing
- Make data-driven decisions and identify new opportunities for growth and efficiencies
- Provide concrete roadmaps for drip campaigns, triggered emails, and other transactional emails
- Measure and report on KPIs and develop plans to improve performance and optimize email marketing effectiveness
- Create email designs and templates that are compatible with multi-channel engagement, including responsive design, HTML, and text
- Create new and refine existing reporting capabilities, automating reporting as needed
- Build and implement email marketing workflows and user segmentation/personalization/scoring
- Monitor and drive key metrics, including open rate, click-through rate and conversion rate, and regularly improve acquisition, activation, and engagement metrics
- Ensure compliance with all relevant domestic and international legislation (e.g., GDPR, CAN-SPAM)
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and a minimum of 5-7 years of Email Marketing or related Digital Marketing experience.
Strong understanding of responsive email development and design, segmentation strategies, CAN-SPAM, email best practices, and HTML knowledge across a variety of platforms. Experience leading and developing an email team is required.
COMPETENCIES – SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES:
The ideal candidate will have a collaborative work style with a mix of both creative and analytical thinking with experience managing and marketing to B2B/B2C audiences. In addition, the candidate should have significant experience building and managing large-scale email campaigns that are strategically aligned with overarching marketing objectives.
Nelnet is a Drug Free and Tobacco Free Workplace.