Director of Development, Greater Nebraska Region – Make-A-Wish Nebraska
Office Location: Make-A-Wish Nebraska Kearney Satellite Office
Reports to: Vice President of Development
Status: Exempt, Full-Time
GENERAL STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
This position reports to the Vice President of Development. This position is accountable for all areas of fundraising/development activities for the Greater NE region, including Major Gifts, Corporate Giving, Internal/External Events, Planned Giving, etc. This position works closely on development and marketing/communications strategies with the CEO, VP of Development, Lincoln Program Director, and the Board of Directors. This position supervises the Regional Program Coordinator – Kearney
- 5-7 years proven development experience in the Greater Nebraska region
- Relevant experience pertaining to public relations/communications
- BA/BS in business, marketing, non-profit fundraising or related field
- A broad understanding of the principles of fundraising
- Demonstrates exceptional communication skills both written and oral
- Must have experience with public speaking and be comfortable with multiple audiences including media.
- Proficient in computer skills including Microsoft Office products and donor software (Raiser’s Edge and/or Salesforce preferred)
- Must be a self-starter and possess ability to work independently and possess effective organizational skills to manage and prioritize responsibilities
- Demonstrates a commitment to the mission of and passion for the work of Make-A-Wish
- Has the ability and willingness to travel for the position, including evenings/weekends
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Establish with the VP of Development the development plan, strategies, programs and goals for the Greater NE region.
- Implement a comprehensive fundraising and development plan for the Greater NE region with detailed and corresponding strategies that are consistent with development efforts within the Chapter.
- Supervise the Regional Program Coordinator – Kearney
- Execute Chapter stewardship program and processes, steward donor relationships to increase the base of support from current and potential donors in the Greater NE region
- Solicit, cultivate and manage donor relationships with individuals, corporations, foundations, schools and other entities consistent with the Chapter’s annual fundraising goals, strategic plan and mission
- Utilize the features of Raiser’s Edge in providing a moves management approach to donors and prospects
- Manage procedures to ensure effective collecting, acknowledging and follow-up on all gifts received in the region.
- Manage and oversee all functions of the Kearney Friends Council and the events they host.
- Oversee and implement all aspects of the annual Kearney Dinner and Auction working collaboratively with the Kearney Friends Council and the Regional Program Coordinator – Kearney
- Oversee External and other events, working collaboratively with the Regional Program Coordinator – Kearney
- Ensure that a positive image and consistency of message is maintained through all internal and external communications; serve as a speaker when appropriate.
- Solicit pro bono media space and/or airtime.
- Write and produce communications pieces as needed (speeches, invitations, copy, etc.)
- Operate within the Make-A-Wish Foundation’s standards, policies, guidelines and procedures.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
To apply for this position, please send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to Linda Hogrefe, Make-A-Wish Nebraska, firstname.lastname@example.org by April 2, 2021.
Thank you for your interest in Make-A-Wish® Nebraska’s internship program! Internship opportunities are open in the Omaha, Lincoln and Kearney offices every fall, spring, and summer semester depending on availability.
All of our internships are unpaid, however, volunteer hours and academic credit may be earned. Interning at Make-A-Wish Nebraska can provide valuable training and experience with non-profit work.
Internships are open to students or recent graduates (18-years-old or older). Successful applicants should have good organizational skills, the ability to multi-task, be proficient in Microsoft Office, and have excellent communication skills.
Intern’s roles and duties
Interns will work primarily with our Development Staff and will participate in a variety of hands-on activities including event planning support, research, filing, and writing.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assist with event logistics
- Help coordinate auction items
- Help write thank you notes to donors
- Help with mailings
- Conduct fundraising research
- Reach out to potential vendors
- Other tasks as needed
How to Apply
To apply for an internship, please send a resume and cover letter by the corresponding deadline listed below:
Summer Semester: Applications are due by April 20th
Fall Semester: Applications are due by July 20th
Spring Semester: November 20th
We ask that interns dedicate at least 6-8 hours per week to working in the office. However, all scheduling is flexible and will be negotiated between the candidate and the office he or she is applying to during the interview process.
Please send your resume and cover letter to the appropriate office:
|Omaha||Lincoln||Kearney and Greater Nebraska|
Marketing and Events Manager
Regional Program Director-Lincoln
Program Coordinator – Greater Nebraska
All hired interns must complete a background check prior to beginning their internship.