Digital Marketing Leader, Acquisition & Retention – Union Bank & Trust (UBT)
We are looking for an experienced digital marketer to direct and lead our digital marketing and customer experience team.
Position Summary: The Digital Marketing Leader, Marketing Acquisition & Retention is responsible for driving multi-channel customer acquisition, retention and conversion for all direct-to-consumer channels using a full digital marketing mix, including search, social, display, email and web. This professional creates and leads strategy for the customer journey through the entire sales funnel, developing programs and guiding technology and product enhancements/initiatives that reduce both friction and churn through life-cycle marketing, loyalty programs and other tools.
- Oversee all aspects of the mid to lower funnel customer journey, including consideration, acquisition, lifecycle marketing and retention.
- Develop and execute high-level marketing strategy and activities to drive volume and growth for the bank.
- Identify and prioritize acquisition channels that provide the greatest return on marketing budget, including Search Engine Marketing (SEM), Paid social, retargeting, content marketing, email, push notifications, etc.
- Develop and execute triggered, personalized lifecycle marketing campaigns that increase engagement, retention and LifeTime Value (LTV).
- Oversee ongoing Marketing Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and loyalty campaign development, testing, management, and optimization of marketing strategies to drive customer loyalty.
- Partner with Customer Service, Customer Support, IT, Deposit Services, Electronic Banking, Compliance and others to create customer journeys, processes and products that reduce friction and increase conversion.
- Oversee the management and utilization of bank data to better understand customer behavior and leverage the data to create more meaningful and relevant customer experiences as well as more effective marketing.
- Monitor and report on customer, industry and competitor trends to all bank divisions.
- Develop and update target audience personas as needed and ensures personas are leveraged by both product marketing and creative.
- Serves as a primary department lead working internally with technology teams and externally with several vendors to evaluate, develop business requirements, and work to implement software and processes that enable customer targeting/segmentation, campaign execution and measurement.
- Collaborate with and provide guidance to all bank divisions as they assess and implement digital services for their clients/customers helping to ensure services are consistent with the UBT Brand and desired customer experience.
- Partner with the Operations Division in the ongoing development and adoption of core banking infrastructure and related digital services from our primary vendors to ensure these services are consistent with the UBT Brand and desired client/customer experience.
- Lead team in providing overall management of ubt.com and other ancillary brand websites ensuring optimal performance and relevant content.
- Guide and supervise team and all bank divisions on customer/prospect list growth and health.
- Manage external digital marketing partners and a $500k+ expense budget.
- Track, evaluate and disseminate acquisition and retention learnings/performance to optimize programs
- Support the bank’s commitment to the community through service on various bank committees.
- Mentor, motivate and develop the acquisition and retention team to meet the Bank’s annual marketing goals as well as individual goals.
- Ensure direct reports are trained and comply with bank policy, laws and regulations applicable to their roles. Monitor their adherence to internal controls and take action to address employee performance issues.
- Understand and adhere to all Bank policies, laws and regulations applicable to their role. Complete compliance training; follow internal processes and controls as required.
- Report all compliance issues, violations of law or regulations in accordance with the steps defined in Bank policies.
- Regular and reliable attendance is an essential function of this position.
- Perform other job related duties or special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, Marketing, Computer Sciences or related field required.
- 10-15 years previous experience preferred in digital marketing, digital project leadership or marketing preferably within the financial industry.
- Excellent knowledge of mobile banking systems, digital financial management tools and related digital tools and active in their use, potential opportunities, and applications in a business setting.
- Demonstration of developing ideas and concepts and strategically implementing them.
- Experience with customer journey and sales funnel creation and implementation including relevant software and systems.
- Valid Nebraska driver’s license.
- Innovative and progressive thinker who is self-directed, proactive and able to define and execute projects.
- Excellent communicator and collaborator able to develop strong, trusting relationships with and between bank division and executive leaders.
- Able to identify and understand consumer needs, industry trends, technologies and how they may be merged into cohesive acquisition and retention strategies.
- Data-driven with a customer-first focus. A highly analytical thinker with in-depth knowledge in digital analytics, tracking and ROI metrics
- Adaptable and ambitious. Enthusiastically takes on other assignments as needed to support the team.
Sedentary work – occasionally lifting and/or carrying up to 25 lbs.
Indoor work – not exposed to outdoor elements or hazards.
Some travel required.
This role is eligible for hybrid work from home opportunity under the work from home guidelines upon completion of onboarding.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/
PLEASE VIEW THE APPLICANT TERMS & CONDITIONS BEFORE PROCEEDING WITH YOUR APPLICATION.