Digital Designer – Swanson Russell
From the middle of America, Swanson Russell, a full-service marketing communications and advertising agency, produces ideas that grab attention from coast to coast. Our crew of big thinkers, go-getters and team players help brands create a Real Connection™ with their audiences. Swanson Russell is dedicated to building an inclusive work culture that expands and embraces diversity, and that elevates our work and our connection to the world.
We’re looking for a Digital Designer with strong visual design talent, excellent technical execution skills, the ability to envision concepts within the digital space, and the energy and attitude to make things happen.
A Digital Designer’s daily responsibilities will include:
- Participating in early concepting sessions to identify the best ideas that meet the project needs.
- Designing digital campaign tactics based on creative direction that include digital banner ads, HTML emails, social media campaigns, and website content.
- Building final digital banner ads and HTML emails for delivery.
- Collaborating with UX Designers and UX Engineers to create landing pages that meet the needs of the campaign and inspire users to take action.
- Consulting with creative teams to make sure all ideas meet digital best practices.
- Minimum 1-2 years of user interface, interactive, or web design experience
- Strong conceptualization ability and visual communication ability
- Exceptional design skills, high production value, and attention to detail
- Solid working knowledge of modern HTML, CSS, JS, and various front-end development practices, standards, and executions
- Advanced working knowledge of Photoshop, XD, Illustrator, Sketch, and associated design tools
- A passion for continuous improvement, learning new animation libraries and coding techniques
- Digital advertising, social media and email experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Bachelor’s degree or technical certification with an emphasis in the liberal arts, the humanities or user-centered design, or equivalent is preferred, as well as wireframing and prototyping tool know-how (e.g., UXPin, Axure, Balsamiq). Previous agency experience is a plus.