Development Specialist – Community Action
Are you a data-minded storyteller? Do you love to research, and transform ideas into action? Do you want to connect with your community and make it a better place for all?
Join our team! Community Action is looking for a Development Specialist to support our fund development strategy with responsibilities including grant writing, communications drafting, and gift processing. This individual will play a vital role in supporting Community Action’s long-term success and the success of those we serve.
Starting Wage: $18.43- $20 hourly based on experience
- Research write, and submit grant proposals in accordance with agency priorities and goals.
- Support completion of grant reports.
- Regularly conduct prospect research to support fund development goals.
- Maintain donor and volunteer databases.
- Use data as a tool to support fund development, including through evaluation of development activities and report metrics.
- Collaborate with the Communications and Development team on donor communications and campaign strategy.
- Identify and connect Community Action donors to meaningful engagement opportunities like volunteerism.
- Minimum of a bachelor degree in communications, marketing/advertising, business, human services, or a related field.
- Strong technical English communication skills (written, oral, visual) required.
- Prior related experience, particularly in the nonprofit sector, preferred.
- Previous experience and success in grant writing and/or fund development preferred.
- Experience and ability to demonstrate skills using data analytics tools, such as Microsoft Excel, preferred.
- Valid Nebraska Driver’s License and good driving record preferred.
Community Action Partnership of Lancaster and Saunders Counties is a private, not-for-profit organization with the belief that extraordinary employees have the power to positively transform lives and communities. We value people who are passionate, ethical, and dedicated to empowering those living in poverty to reach economic stability.
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy:
Effective January 1, 2022, all employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, in compliance with any federal, state, and local regulations; and contract/funding requirements related to COVID-19 vaccination.
New or prospective employees hired after January 1, 2022, will need to have completed their first dose prior to their start date, and provide documentation of their current vaccination status. Full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA, must be completed no later than 6 weeks after their start date.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email hr@