Developer – Swanson Russell
Swanson Russell is a full-service marketing communications and advertising agency that has been named one of the area’s Best Places to Work in 2019. We’re looking for a new Developer to join our 30+ digital team.
This position will work in close collaboration with designers, developers and others to create a wide range of web-based projects ranging from experimental landing pages, interactive marketing tools, on-location digital installations and, of course, traditional website projects that require all of these skills and more.
You would be collaborating closely alongside other developers and designers every day to create the best possible user experience without sacrificing code quality, as well as maintaining and improving existing projects. As part of the digital team, you’d also be contributing to internal tools that we build and maintain for the wider agency, or experimenting and researching for new projects and technologies.
Required experience and/or abilities:
- Minimum of one year in a full-time programming and/or web development role.
- Desire to produce great code in a fast-paced, collaborative, service-oriented environment.
- Introductory to intermediate ability with at least one programming language, with PHP as the preferred language for most projects.
- Ability to self-educate, follow industry trends and quickly adapt to new technologies, and contribute to ongoing experimentation, research and prototyping efforts.
- Strong communication, organization and personal management skills.
Preferred experience and/or abilities:
- Training and/or practical experience with programming theory and data structuring concepts.
- Experience developing with popular open-source CMS platforms (e.g. Drupal, WordPress) or MVC-based framework is strongly encouraged.
- Familiarity with database structures and concepts, preferably with a working knowledge of common SQL syntax.
- Prior experience working in a project-based industry such as marketing/advertising agencies, on a dedicated internal marketing team, or equivalent development-focused firms.
- Experience working within a typical technology stack such as LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) or equivalent cloud-based development environment.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.