Creative Copywriter – Nelnet
Nelnet is a student loan servicer that’s grown into a fiber internet pioneer, real estate investor, and software provider. But that’s just the beginning. With 6,500 associates and growing, we take our business wherever superior customer experiences and ingenuity are needed.
The perks of working at Nelnet go beyond our benefits package. When you join the Nelnet team, you’re part of a community invested in the success of each individual. That support comes through in our work, as we are united by our mission of creating opportunities for people where they live, learn, and work.
At Nelnet Business Services (NBS), we resist the usual ways of seeing, doing and thinking — harnessing creativity, technology and culture — to reimagine the entire customer experience. Our purpose? To serve others by creating work that becomes part of people’s lives, by driving value for our clients and, in the best of cases, making a positive impact on the world.
The Creative Copywriter converts technical topics into clear and compelling written copy in addition to presenting concepts, with fresh, strategic and on-brand ideas, to stakeholders. This position works closely with members of the Marketing, Creative, and Digital Teams to produce compelling copy for all Nelnet Business Services brands, across all campaign mediums, including: web, print, email, digital ads, and video.
- Work with Creative Director to provide and manage message development and brand voice. Keep brand and messaging guides updated.
- Collaborate with Creative team to deliver creative concepts that are strategic, engaging, and meet business needs.
- Ensure all written messages are bold, strategic, persuasive, on-brand and on-strategy in all media.
- Develop new, engaging copy that is distributed across all mediums including: email, websites, blog, social media, webinars, presentations, proposals, and newsletters.
- Work with Marketing Managers and teams to ensure concepts and copy meet strategic goals and objectives and are on brand.
- Master industry-specific language, terminology, and topics, as well as translate technical product concepts into concise messaging that resonates with targeted personas.
- Optimize copy with appropriate keywords and hashtags to maximize SEO and exposure across all digital channels.
- Adhere to schedules and budgets.
- Reviews projects for written accuracy before final production.
- Stay abreast of marketing trends, best practices, and technologies.
- Upload, post and maintain copy on relevant CMS and social platforms.
- May provide messaging direction and editorial feedback to interns.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English, Marketing, Advertising, or related field.
- Minimum of 3 years writing experience in creative marketing, product marketing, or advertising, including: including conceping, writing, editing, proofreading, channel management and client presentation experience.
- Experience writing for a SaaS company and understanding of enterprise IT solutions preferred.
COMPETENCIES – SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES:
- Proven mastery of language and grammar.
- Ability to write for diverse audiences.
- Demonstrated passion for understanding the needs of customers.
- Fluent in concepting and collaborating.
- Strong technical aptitude and ability to translate complex concepts into concise messaging.
- Excellent proofreading skills.
- Proven time management skills.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Proven record of building cross-functional stakeholder relationships to facilitate understanding, approval and continued partnership for successful projects.
- Broad understanding of marketing communication disciplines.
- Ability to work independently or in a group.
- Experience with core software tools such as Adobe and Microsoft Office.
- Familiarity with WordPress, Salesforce Social Studio or similar CMS preferred.
Our benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, HSA and FSA, generous earned time off, 401K/student loan repayment, life insurance & AD&D insurance, employee assistance program, employee stock purchase program, tuition reimbursement, performance-based incentive pay, short- and long-term disability, and a robust wellness program. Click here to learn more about our benefits: LINK.
Nelnet is an Equal Opportunity Employer, complies with Executive Order 11246, and takes affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed, and that employees are treated during employment, without regard to race, color, religion/creed, national origin, gender, or sex, marital status, age, disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance.