Content Marketing Writer – Nelnet
Nelnet is a student loan servicer that’s grown into a fiber internet pioneer, real estate investor, and software provider. But that’s just the beginning. With 6,500 associates and growing, we take our business wherever superior customer experiences and ingenuity are needed.
The perks of working at Nelnet go beyond our benefits package. When you join the Nelnet team, you’re part of a community invested in the success of each individual. That support comes through in our work, as we are united by our mission of creating opportunities for people where they live, learn, and work.
The Content Marketing Writer converts technical topics into clear and compelling written content for multiple Nelnet Business Services (NBS) brands. This role is responsible for creating, writing and curating copy for comprehensive digital marketing campaigns, including: blog articles, social media posts, case studies and whitepapers.
- Develop new, engaging content that is distributed across all mediums, including: email, websites, blog, social media, webinars, presentations, proposals and newsletters.
- Work with Marketing Managers and teams to create and facilitate execution of editorial calendars and automated lead nurturing streams for multiple NBS brands.
- Master industry-specific language, terminology and topics, as well as translate technical product concepts into concise messaging that resonates with targeted personas.
- Conduct internal and external interviews and write case studies, testimonials and white papers to help advance thought leadership and position industry expertise.
- Adhere to messaging and style guides for NBS brands.
- Maintain marketing content library and audit to ensure all content is up-to-date and periodically refreshed.
- Optimize content with appropriate keywords and hashtags to tell compelling brand stories and maximize SEO and exposure across all digital channels.
- Work with Marketing Managers and Creative Teams to ensure all content is on-brand, consistent in style and tone of voice, as well as optimized for search.
- Research, study and maintain an expert knowledge of content marketing trends, best practices and technologies.
- Understand, implement and adapt social media content to ensure best practices and optimal performance.
- Upload, post and maintain content on relevant CMS and social platforms.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English, Marketing, Advertising, or related field.
- Minimum of 3 years writing experience in content marketing, product marketing or technical writing.
- Experience writing for a SaaS company and understanding of enterprise IT solutions.
- Experience in B2B writing.
COMPETENCIES – SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES:
- Proven mastery of language and grammar.
- Ability to write for diverse audiences.
- Passion for understanding customers and how services meet their needs.
- Strong technical aptitude and ability to translate complex concepts into concise, inspiring messaging.
- Excellent proofreading skills.
- Proven time management skills.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Proven record of building cross-functional stakeholder relationships to facilitate understanding, approval and continued partnership for successful projects.
- Broad understanding of marketing communication disciplines.
- Ability to work independently or in a group.
- Experience with core software tools such as Adobe and Microsoft Office.
- Familiarity with WordPress, Salesforce Social Studio or similar CMS preferred.
Our benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, HSA and FSA, generous earned time off, 401K/student loan repayment, life insurance & AD&D insurance, employee assistance program, employee stock purchase program, tuition reimbursement, performance-based incentive pay, short- and long-term disability, and a robust wellness program. Click here to learn more about our benefits: LINK.
Nelnet is an Equal Opportunity Employer, complies with Executive Order 11246, and takes affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed, and that employees are treated during employment, without regard to race, color, religion/creed, national origin, gender, or sex, marital status, age, disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance.
Qualified individuals with disabilities who require reasonable accommodations in order to apply or compete for positions at Nelnet may request such accommodations by contacting Corporate Recruiting at 402-486-5725 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Nelnet is a Drug Free and Tobacco Free Workplace.