Communications Specialist – CEDARS
At CEDARS, our mission is to help children achieve safety, stability, and enduring family relationships. For nearly 75 years, thousands of kids and families have found refuge and a new beginning at CEDARS. As one of Nebraska’s most trusted child-service organizations, we make sure that kids feel safe and secure. At the same time, we’re giving parents, foster families, and partnering agencies the support they need to care effectively for kids.
The Communications Specialist supports the development and implementation of a wide variety of marketing, promotional, and fundraising communications that effectively promote and advance the mission of CEDARS.
- Produce materials that communicate the CEDARS message and establish a positive association between CEDARS and its various constituents in an original, creative, and easy to understand style consistent with the established brand.
- Write and design comprehensive and compelling communications materials for a variety of media, which may include but is not limited to: ads, press releases, newsletters, social media posts and website content.
- Implement and coordinate in-house and external production of communication materials.
- Provide communications and marketing guidance and expertise to other members of the CEDARS staff team to enhance their job-related efforts.
- Maintain files for the Communications Department and effectively respond to incoming requests for materials and support.
- Provide communications support for events.
- Maintain highly effective relationships with vendors, media, and community members that bring additional awareness to the work of CEDARS.
- Bring forward new ideas, marketing outlets and mediums that may create a better opportunity for CEDARS message to be delivered and received.
- You have a bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, public relations or related field
- You have previous experience with marketing, preferably in the nonprofit sector
- You are a team player
- You are motivated by CEDARS mission
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You possess the ability to perform a variety of tasks simultaneously with varying deadlines and limited supervision
- You have experience with Adobe products, web content development, social media platforms, and public relations
As a full-time active employee, you are eligible to participate in the following benefits:
- medical, dental, and vision coverages
- flexible spending accounts and health spending accounts
- personal leave, emergency leave, paid holidays, and floating holidays
- retirement plan with 5% company match
- life & long-term disability insurance
- employee assistance program
- wellness and engagement program
- early childhood childcare discount
- opportunities to collect overtime hours if desired
- shift differentials for overnight hours worked and holidays
- mileage reimbursement
- extensive training and professional development opportunities
At CEDARS, we embrace diversity, and we know the journey towards belonging never ends. Click (here) to learn more about our journey.