Communications & Marketing Manager – Lincoln Arts Council
The Lincoln Arts Council (LAC) is a Lincoln, Nebraska non-profit entity founded 50 years ago as an “umbrella” organization advocating for the arts. The mission of this purpose-driven organization is to bring positive arts experiences to all Lincolnites, whether they be an underserved child in our public schools, a patient at a local hospital, a youth in a detention center, a new artist struggling to break through, or a patron of the arts. We make artistic, joyful, healing experiences possible in every corner of our community. We believe access to the arts can connect people, lift them up, thereby creating and maintaining a vibrant community for all. LAC Mission: Championing the arts, connecting people, changing lives.
Key programs and events: The Arts Council implements programming that helps create arts access for all within the community. The Mayor’s Arts Awards is one of the Arts Council’s key events held each fall. The event celebrates the artists, arts organizations, volunteers, and supporters who create a vibrancy in the community through the arts. Other key programming includes the Lincoln Arts Festival, which is a juried fine arts festival that attracts artists from across the United States for a two- day event early summer. upstArt is the Lincoln Arts Council’s education program, bringing arts into schools, community organizations and the Lancaster County Youth Services Center Pathfinder Program. Advocating for the arts in Lincoln is a key component of the Arts Council’s work.
Position Overview: This half time (20hrs/week) position manages all social media, email marketing, website, and all digital and visual marketing assets, to move the LAC mission forward and motivate and engage our followers, donors and arts community. In addition, s/he will work with the Executive Director and Event Manager to promotion of special events, including the Lincoln Arts Festival, Mayor’s Arts Awards, and other events throughout the year. This position also provides administrative and operations support, as needed.
- Creates a fresh, on-message posting schedule on our primary social media sites – Facebook & Instagram – including static imagery and video content
- Creates Facebook events for all upcoming events
- Oversight of other social media outlets as needed
- Monitoring and answering all messages that come through social media in a timely manner
- Monitor social media mentions and followers
- Create & maintain a social media calendar
- Responsible for overall design of Lincoln Arts Council and Lincoln Arts Festival websites.
- Update website weekly ensuring all content is relevant and current including upcoming events (fundraising & programming) on website calendar, LAC News & Stories.
- Completes marketing and PR requests as determined by the need of the organization including but not limited to flyers, donation appeals, event materials, mass emails & e-newsletters.
- Creates brand awareness as well as consistency within marketing and communication pieces. Ensuring all materials use proper fonts, colors logos & language.
- Design merchandise (primarily t-shirts/sweatshirts) for events.
- Completes all media and press releases on events and activities under the guidance of the Executive Director.
- Participates in process of determining need for and best use of paid use of press releases and marketing.
- Serve as an ambassador for LAC at local networking events.
- Comfortable with management of all social media platforms
- Skilled written and verbal communication
- Ability to work within a team as well as take a leadership roll
- Excellent customer relationship skills
- Excellent IT skills and computer literacy
- Must be comfortable working within the Adobe Suite or other design platform
- Additional programs utilized
- High School diploma or equivalent (bachelor’s degree preferred)
- 1-2 years of experience in media, communications, project management, or administrative support
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
LAC is an equal opportunity employer and values a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals of any race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.
Compensation and Benefits
This is a half time, non-exempt hourly position. The salary range for this position ranges from $17/hour to $20/hour, depending on experience. Potential for position to move to full-time in the future.
To apply, email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line: Communications Manager. In your cover letter, please indicate where you learned of the position. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled, which will not be before [four weeks out from posting.]