Communications Director – Nebraska Land Trust
Full-time with an annual salary of $50,000, retirement plan, flexible PTO and hybrid scheduling with some work from home.
Join a small team that achieves big things for conservation in Nebraska
The Nebraska Land Trust (NLT) was formed in 2001 to serve private landowners who want permanence for agricultural, natural and historical resources on their land; places with stunning views, wildlife, productive agriculture, woodlands, prairies, clean water, historic sites and opportunities for outdoor recreation. Using voluntary land protection agreements known as conservation easements, NLT has partnered with private landowners to permanently conserve more than 32,500 acres, from the lower Platte Valley between Lincoln and Omaha to soaring buttes studded with pines in northwest Nebraska. For more information on NLT, please visit our website at: www.nelandtrust.org
The Communications Director is responsible for meeting all of the communications needs of the NLT, including the annual Landscape Impact Report, website management, informational materials, communication with donors, e-newsletters and oversight of the database. Through these vehicles and others, the Communications Director will be responsible for increasing awareness and positive perceptions of NLT, its mission, relevance and accomplishments through message development and dissemination highlighting NLT’s work as an agricultural land trust. The ability to successfully interact with diverse interests is vital, especially agricultural landowners and land trust supporters.
- Development and implementation of an annual communications plan that is both realistic and challenging
- Production of NLT’s annual Landscape Impact Report and periodic e-newsletters
- Production of NLT fundraising materials, including solicitation and thank you letters
- Management of NLT’s website content and social media posts
- Management of NLT’s communications database
- Development of new marketing and communication strategies for key constituents
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, marketing or a closely related field desired; equivalent combination of education and experience also considered.
- 3-5 years’ experience with media/public relations required.
- Experience with digital communications, including social media and leveraging technology to identify and effectively communicate with diverse audiences.
- Outstanding writing and editorial skills with demonstrated ability to write quickly and well on deadline.
- Graphic design and layout experience utilizing publishing software.
- A genuine passion for conservation, agriculture and the mission of NLT.
- Experience with Salesforce and/or other databases.
Please email resume to:
Dave Sands, Executive Director
Applications will be accepted through July 31, 2022.