Associate Developer – Swanson Russell
- 1202 P St, Lincoln, NE 68508, USA
- Location: Lincoln
Swanson Russell is a full-service marketing communications and advertising agency that has been named one of the area’s Best Places to Work in 2019. We’re looking for a new Developer to join our 30+ digital team.
This position will work in close collaboration with designers, developers and others to create a wide range of web-based projects ranging from experimental landing pages, interactive marketing tools, on-location digital installations and, of course, massive website projects that require all of these skills and more. You would be collaborating closely alongside other developers and designers every day to create the best possible user experience without sacrificing code quality, as well as maintaining and improving existing projects. As part of the digital team, you’d also be contributing to internal tools that we build and maintain for the wider agency, or experimenting and researching for new projects and technologies.
Required experience and/or abilities:
- Minimum of two years of full-time programming and/or web development experience.
- Desire to produce great code in a fast-paced, collaborative, service-oriented environment.
- Intermediate to strong ability with at least one back-end programming language, with PHP as the preferred language for most projects.
- Ability to self-educate, follow industry trends and quickly adapt to new technologies, and contribute to ongoing experimentation, research and prototyping efforts.
- Experience working within a typical LAMP stack (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP). Bonus if this experience also includes exposure to hosting and/or server maintenance.
- Strong communication, organization and personal management skills.
- Needs to be capable of independent self-teaching: exploring, researching and prototyping new technologies, techniques and approaches that could be used for client projects.
Preferred experience and/or abilities:
- Training and/or practical experience with programming theory and data structuring concepts.
- Experience developing with popular open-source CMS platforms (e.g. Drupal, WordPress) or MVC-based framework is strongly encouraged.
- Familiarity with database structures and concepts, preferably with a working knowledge of common SQL syntax.
- Prior experience working in a project-based industry such as marketing/advertising agencies, on a dedicated internal marketing team, or equivalent development-focused firms.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.