Assistant Vice President, Communications & Media Relations – EducationQuest Foundation
Why Join Us
At EducationQuest Foundation, we hire the most talented people for our teams. We are a nonprofit organization with a passion to improve access to higher education in Nebraska. We provide free college planning services, need-based scholarship programs, college access grants for high schools, college access resources for middle schools and outreach services for community agencies. If you like a fun, collaborative, and challenging work environment where you will have an incredible impact on college access you’ll fit right in.
EducationQuest Foundation is looking for an Assistant Vice President of Communications & Media Relations to join our team!
What you’ll do!
The Assistant Vice President of Communications & Media Relations serves as the voice of our organization while promoting EducationQuest Foundation’s brand, images, products, services and social media presence statewide. The ideal candidate loves to write, thinks strategically, is excellent at managing multiple projects, and has a creative way of presenting our brand through multiple social media channels.
In addition to providing oversight of department activities, this individual is responsible for hiring, training, and coordinating the activities of the Communications staff including direct supervision of the Director of Communications.
You’ll be part of a dedicated and supportive team that is extremely passionate about improving access to higher education in Nebraska. We thrive on making a difference while helping move you and our organization forward.
What you’ll need!
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university with an emphasis in Journalism or Communications required; and three to five years related experience and/or training preferred.
- Direct supervisory experience managing and overseeing staff with a minimum of three years required.
- Extensive experience in social media platforms, their marketing tactics and generational differences.
- Software must be one of your greatest allies. You are a champion at Dropbox, HubSpot, Mail Chimp, WordPress, Survey Monkey, PowerPoint, Quick Base, Asana, Sprout Social and Google Suite.
- Strong writing skills with a passion for engaging target audiences through a combination of analytics and compelling print and web-based content.
- Proven ability to read and understand statistics and interpret them for decision-making or presentation purposes.
- Knowledge of the rules and regulations governing financial aid programs, college admissions and financial aid procedures desirable.
- Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to plan and prioritize work, and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Successful completion of a background investigation is required.
What We Offer
- Support. We’ll provide a positive environment and provide you the tools for success.
- We value a Work Life Balance.
- We reward candidates by offering competitive pay.
- Benefits! (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, and two retirement benefits with a 100% 401(k) match!)
- Want to continue your education? We can help with that! We offer tuition reimbursement up to $5,250 per calendar year.
- Ready for a vacation? Well, you are in luck! We provide employees with 10 paid holidays and 15 days of vacation.
How to Apply
If you want to help others achieve their educational goals, apply today and submit your resume, cover letter and salary requirements on our ADP Workforce Now site at https://bit.ly/3hs6hEa or send via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn more about EducationQuest, visit EducationQuest.org.
FES and EducationQuest take affirmative action to insure that applicants with job related qualifications are employed and employees are treated when employed without regard to their race, color, religious creed, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity or expression, intellectual disability, mental disability or physical disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer