Account-Based Marketing Manager – Nelnet
Nelnet is a student loan servicer that’s grown into a fiber internet pioneer, real estate investor, and software provider. But that’s just the beginning. With 6,500 associates and growing, we take our business wherever superior customer experiences and ingenuity are needed.
The perks of working at Nelnet go beyond our benefits package. When you join the Nelnet team, you’re part of a community invested in the success of each individual. That support comes through in our work, as we are united by our mission of creating opportunities for people where they live, learn, and work.
The Account-Based Marketing Manager is responsible for planning, organizing and executing programs that generate new leads within top, target higher education institutional accounts as defined by Nelnet Campus Commerce. The manager plays a central role in coordinating demand generation activities between Marketing, Field Sales, Inside Sales, Operations and Implementation, helping design integrated Sales and Marketing plans to reach the right accounts with the right messages at the right times. This position consistently monitors and evaluates specific account opportunities, delivering customized, targeted communications. The Account-Based Marketing Manager will ensure we’re leveraging best practices for using our technology stack and marketing automation tools, internal and external marketing resources, creative approaches, data and insights to inform decisions/efforts, operational efficiencies and audience engagement.
1. Strategize, launch and optimize targeted campaigns across multiple channels (email, performance marketing, events, customer service, industry associations, partner programs, etc.) in order to drive incremental revenue through specific higher education institutions.
2. Own monitoring, reporting and optimization of campaign performance across relevant KPIs — from upper funnel to revenue conversion — ensuring all internal stakeholders are looped in.
3. Work closely with Marketing, Product, Operation, Sales and other cross-functional teams to ensure consistent alignment internally, as well as a superior client experience externally.
4. Ensure continuity of brand and messaging across multi-channel campaigns, advertising, events and conferences.
5. Develop and implement Salesforce and Pardot workflows, nurturing streams and dashboards to articulate ROI.
6. Streamline processes and work closely with Creative and Production departments, as well as vendors to achieve objectives.
7. Design & execute 1:1, 1: few, and broad-based marketing initiatives to meet pipeline requirements of varied account segments.
8. Develop deep understanding of consumers, competitors and the market in order to develop effective campaigns and automated programs.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent (Marketing, Business or Advertising preferred).
1. Minimum 5-years of experience in a high-tech B2B demand generation, ABM, or field marketing role.
2. Marketing automation and CRM experience required. (Salesforce, Pardot, and Google Analytics experience preferred.)
3. Experience partnering with Marketing, Operations, Product and Sales teams to analyze business and marketing data to identify key drivers, mechanics and associated dependencies for driving conversion, product adoption, retention, and cross-sell.
4. Strong understanding of how to use inbound marketing and content marketing to generate more qualified leads.
5. Familiarity with the sales cycle and how to employ marketing communication strategies to nurture leads, drive adoption, and accelerate growth.
COMPETENCIES – SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES:
1. High level of verbal, presentation and written communication skills required.
2. Strategic thinker able to breakdown and organize problems, assess opportunity areas, and develop big ideas and priorities to move the business forward
3. Track record of developing and managing multiple marketing programs simultaneously.
4. Wide degree of creativity.
5. Attention to detail and discipline to follow established policies and processes.
6. People leadership and decision-making skills.
7. Excellent customer service skills.
8. Strong problem-solving skills.
9. Ability to work independently or in a group.
Our benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, HSA and FSA, generous earned time off, 401K/student loan repayment, life insurance & AD&D insurance, employee assistance program, employee stock purchase program, tuition reimbursement, performance-based incentive pay, short- and long-term disability, and a robust wellness program.
Nelnet is an Equal Opportunity Employer, complies with Executive Order 11246, and takes affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed, and that employees are treated during employment, without regard to race, color, religion/creed, national origin, gender, or sex, marital status, age, disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance. Qualified individuals with disabilities who require reasonable accommodations in order to apply or compete for positions at Nelnet may request such accommodations by contacting Nelnet Corporate Recruiting.
Nelnet is a Drug Free and Tobacco Free Workplace.