By Mary Kate Gulick, Programming VP
You’ve attended talks on innovation. Sat through webinars on SEM and PPC. Read eBooks on back-linking. Skimmed real books on optimal UX.
If you’re like most people, you’ve found a lot of fluff, but no real foundation. A lot of buzzwords, but no basics. A lot of partial truths but no principals you can build on.
And that can lead to an incomplete understanding of how to make your organization more successful through marketing.
Enter Lincoln AMA SkillSchool, presented by the UNL College of Journalism and Mass Communication.
At the Lincoln chapter of the American Marketing Association, our sole reason for existence is to serve Lincoln-based marketers as an educational resource that will help them be more successful marketers. In that spirit, we’re launching the Lincoln AMA SkillSchool 2014-2015.
4 sessions. 3 hours each. A career’s worth of in-depth marketing know-how.
Each AMA SkillSchool session will provide you with a comprehensive understanding of a critical component of marketing, followed by a work session with an expert in that area. After each session, you’ll walk away with a work product that you can use immediately at your job to meet your organization’s marketing goals.
2014-2015 AMA SkillSchool Sessions
- When: Thursday, August 28, 11:45 am – 3 pm
- Presenter: Brent Chudoba, VP Survey Monkey Audience
- Content: Get an understanding of the possibilities and limitations of surveying tools, then learn to create a surveying tool that will truly yield the information you’re looking for.
- Takeaway: A ready-to-deploy consumer measurement tool that will get at the information you need to create an effective marketing strategy AND a concrete plan for selecting participants.
- When: Friday, November 21, 11:45 am – 3 pm
- Presenter: Traci Grummert, Director of Marketing & Strategy, Complete Nutrition
- Content: Starting with your organization’s business objectives, Traci will lead you through the process of developing a marketing strategy, including goal setting, what to measure, tactical solutions, and budgeting.
- Takeaway: A complete draft of your 2015 marketing strategy
- When: Thursday, February 26, 11:45 am – 3 pm
- Presenters: James Strange, Raleigh Drennon and John Hayden, Agent
- Content: Walk through the process of coming up with an outstanding campaign idea based on your consumer research, molding that idea into an actionable campaign, and applying it to the tactics in your marketing plan.
- Takeaway: A research-based, creative campaign idea with legs that you can start using as soon as you get back to work.
- When: Thursday, May 28, 11:45 am – 3 pm
- Presenters: Joe Pulizzi, Founder of the Content Marketing Institute and Katie Kemerling, VP of Content Marketing, Ervin & Smith
- Content: Joe will conduct an exclusive webinar sharing how a solid content plan can grow your audience, reputation and sales. Katie will take over the workshop portion and help you create a content marketing strategy, calendar and work plan based on your organization’s goals.
- Takeaway: A completed content marketing strategy and calendar
AMA SkillSchool is FREE FOR MEMBERS.
NONMEMBERS PAY $50/SESSION OR $165 TOTAL IF THEY COMMIT TO ALL 4 SESSIONS.
Each session includes lunch.