No, no we didn’t mess up the name! This is our 2022 Cropped Competition hosted in 2023! It’s time for one of AMA Lincoln’s favorite events of the year, CROPPED!
Join AMA Members and like-minded marketing professionals in a casual, fun, and competitive atmosphere to celebrate all things branding. AMA Lincoln is bringing you the most thrilling graphic design challenge the Midwest has ever seen! Modeled after the hit TV show, Chopped, top designers will compete in this live challenge on February 2nd from 5-8 pm at the Bourbon Theatre in Lincoln.
Five designers will call on their creative skills as they face off against one another to prepare an AMA-zing design collateral trifecta! The catch? Each round is a surprise collateral and you will need to use the materials and instructions provided. At the end of each round, a panel of guest judges “crops” one designer who fell shy in terms of brand, thoughtfulness, and creativity. The last designers standing take home bragging rights and a cash prize!
So get ready to wield your design skills while growing your network with a little friendly competition, all in the name of helping a small, local business.
If you have any questions regarding the entry form or event, please email us at email@example.com. *21+ Event
If you aren’t familiar, here’s how it works:
- Designers attempt to create their best design based on our mystery design requests.
- In each round, the top designers will advance. Those in the bottom will be CROPPED.
- The winning designer of round 3 earns bragging rights, high fives, and oh yeah, a $1,000 CASH PRIZE!
- *NEW* We are offering the runner-up $250 CASH PRIZE as well!
In short, FIVE DESIGNERS, THREE ROUNDS, ONE CHAMPION.
Who do we want to compete? You, of course! If you’re a local graphic designer, creative agency, corporate organization, freelancer, student, or passionate doodler, we encourage you to submit your designs for consideration.
Contest Rules and Details
- Anyone may enter unless they are serving a position on the board of AMA Lincoln
- All designer submissions must be submitted by January 16 at midnight
- Final designers will be announced and notified of additional details by January 19
- All designers chosen must be able to bring their own computer, iPad, or tablet to use at the live event (AMA Lincoln will provide extension cords and power if needed)
- All designs created at the event can be used by AMA Lincoln in future marketing for Cropped and AMA Lincoln
- Final designs created for our Small Business Recipient will belong to the Small Business to be used as they choose
- As one of the final designers at Cropped, you will receive your entry to the event for free (including an alcoholic drink and hor d’oeuvres) and receive an additional free ticket for a guest.
Scan the QR code or click the button below to enter the competition!
Venue & Ticket Details
The Bourbon Theatre
1415 O Street
Lincoln, NE 68508
5:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
February 2, 2023
We only have 100 tickets available, so act fast!
Ticket includes event entry, hors d’oeuvres, entertainment, time to catch up with your friends and colleagues, and a drink ticket (for attendees and participants 21+).
VOLUNTEER SEARCH: There is so much talent in our Community and we would love to highlight that talent. We are looking for photographers and videographers to capture our events. This is great exposure and an opportunity to add to your portfolio, plus make industry connections! If interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
COVID UPDATE: This is a stoplight event! AMA Lincoln is beginning a new practice for our events with colored wristbands. You’ll get to select a Red/Yellow/Green wristband that best corresponds to you. Thank you for helping keep our events safe for everyone!
RED: “I practice social distancing and prefer to refrain from handshakes and hugs”
YELLOW: “I’m comfortable with handshakes but prefer to refrain from hugs”
GREEN: “I’m comfortable with both handshakes and hugs”
AMA Lincoln takes the health & safety of attendees and COVID-19 precautions extremely seriously. AT this time, AMA Lincoln meetings and events are following any/all state and county COVID-19 guidelines for meetings and events in Lancaster County and are deferring to current CDC guidelines for mask usage and wearing. If you have questions or concerns about attending this event please reach out to Mandy Peterson at email@example.com.