UX Designer/Content Strategist - Doane Lincoln (Posted 3/11)
Doane University invites applications for the position of UX Designer/Content Strategist. The UX Designer/Content Strategist leads the web strategy team and is responsible for guiding the research, planning, and implementation of the information architecture and user experience for strategic initiatives on the Doane website. This position ensures that information is treated as a strategic asset whereby the presentation of information and goal-driven responses can positively impact movement toward institutional priorities and enhance the university's image. This position, in close collaboration with academic, administrative, marketing and technology leaders across the university, leads our user experience strategy including content development to achieve the goals of the university. This position will be based on the Lincoln campus.
- Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent experience.
- Advanced understanding of modern HTML, CSS, and Interaction Design techniques are essential for this position.
- Review and edit, when necessary, digital content to maintain high-quality voice and flow.
- Experience with content management systems, especially Drupal.
- Strong understanding of best practices for user interfaces, user experiences (UI/UX) and responsive design is a must.
- Preferred: 3-5 years of experience in the following: Designing for the web, digital and social media marketing, web information architecture, content strategies and roadmaps, and providing recommendations for navigation, usability, and content optimization to achieve business goals while ensuring a compelling, simple and intuitive experience for users.
- Broad knowledge of web, mobile and social media content strategies and advanced knowledge of user-centered design principles and practices.
- Ability to balance short-term results with long-term needs and the ability to offer incremental approaches to achieve institutional objectives;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills a must.
- Professional web design experience in an in-house creative setting or agency environment a plus.
- Experience in a higher education setting a plus.
Doane University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.