Traffic Manager - Arbor Day Foundation (posted 5/19)
Are you a detail oriented individual that excels in keeping processes and people organized? Do you consider yourself to be exceptional at managing multiple projects simultaneously? Do you have the natural ability to communicate clearly, respectfully and effectively to achieve optimal long term outcomes? Have you ever thought about using your talents to make a significant impact on some of the world’s leading problems?
The Arbor Day Foundation is seeking a highly organized and detail oriented individual to join our Marketing team. The Traffic Manager is the central contact point for all project work that flows through the marketing department. This individual is responsible for developing and entering a project timeline and seeing projects through to completion. The Traffic Manager monitors resource requirements for the department and makes sure that all work will be completed within the scheduled deadlines and estimate. As needed, the Traffic Manager will work with stakeholders to adjust project deadlines while still meeting their needs. This individual will be responsible for having a pulse on all projects moving through the marketing department and to keep everything running smoothly, despite the constant changes and demands of the Foundation. The ideal candidate is one who has high attention to detail, strong communication skills, is highly flexible, and a team player.
• As Marketing Request Forms are submitted, the Traffic Manager enters the project into the project management tool and creates a schedule that ensures the work will be completed within the Client’s deadlines while allowing ample time to meet the expectations of the project.
• Responsible for scheduling all projects and moving them through the various stages of development. Including adjusting each project schedule and overall workload based on new and/or changing priorities.
• Reviews project list and workloads daily and adjusts assignments as needed, making sure that the appropriate talent is used and workloads are evenly maintained.
• Makes sure each Creative Services team member understands the assignments and the due dates.
• Acts as the liaison between Creative Services and our internal stakeholders to establish and re-evaluate priorities.
• Openly communicate with all stakeholders regarding project status, delays, changes or other situations.
• Prepares project and production estimates based on briefings and client needs.
• Review current and future timelines and project statuses with the Director of Marketing Strategy, and if necessary, the individuals working on the projects.
• Report to the Director of Marketing Strategy about the current project workflow, and communicate any possible issues.
• Create, track and manage estimates and budgets.
• Oversee production management and vendor coordination as well as the scheduling and delivery of those resources.
• Proof content on a variety of projects, as assigned.
• Collect data and report metrics to provide regular review of workload, project status and overall effectiveness.
• Complete other duties as assigned.
• Passion for the Foundation’s mission, trees, nature, and environmental stewardship.
• Positive attitude, professionalism, efficient, high attention to detail and strong work ethic.
• Excels at managing multiple, simultaneous projects in a deadline driven environment with frequently changing priorities.
• Excels at managing relationships with various stakeholders including team members, internal clients, and vendors regarding project deliverables, schedules, and budgets.
• Exceptional communication, organizational and writing skills.
• Familiarity with marketing tactics, creative development, digital technologies and various media channels.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
• Workflow management system experience (i.e. project management tools).
• Experience working with printers and production companies.
• Three or more years of marketing, project management and/or account management is required; agency or internal marketing department experience preferred.
• Bachelor's degree, preferably in marketing, communications or a related field required.
The Foundation offers an excellent working environment, pay commensurate with experience, and the opportunity to enhance our environmental impact. If you thrive in a fast-paced, high-energy environment where you can make a difference, please submit a resume.
Visit https://www.arborday.org/careers/ to apply today!