Senior Web Developer - Nelnet (Posted 4/26)
Responsible for the concept, design, development and implementation of websites and online applications across Nelnet clients. Works as part of a team to develop innovative interactive strategies by incorporating web design, mobile, and other interactive applications.
- Produces bold, strategic, persuasive, branded messages in all interactive media.
- Develops concepts for websites, landing pages, mobile applications, email communication, and other emerging technologies as needed by Nelnet clients.
- Checks concepts against the creative brief to ensure it meets strategic goals and objectives.
- Collaborates with creative writers and other team members who may share responsibility on specific projects.
- Keeps up on latest design/web trends and best practices and shares that information with others.
- Adheres to schedules and budgets.
- Design and develop web projects to meet Section 508 Compliance.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
5+ years of experience in the web development field.
COMPETENCIES – SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES:
- Actively learns about and applies new design/web trends and skills across a variety of channels.
- Proficient with applications across the Adobe Creative Suite, and mastery of their IDE of choice.
- Fluent with standards compliant HTML/HTML5, CSS/SASS, jQuery, and PHP.
- Experience with WordPress theme and plugin development.
- Have at least a basic understanding of Section 508 Compliance, tools to use for testing websites, and be able to implement changes to meet standards.
- Leadership and management.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Strategic vision
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Highly creative.
- Team player.
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision.
- Organized and efficient, can prioritize workload so assignments are completed and approved on time. Able to manage multiple assignments including reviewing them for accuracy before completion.
Nelnet is an Equal Opportunity Employer, complies with Executive Order 11246, and takes affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed, and that employees are treated during employment, without regard to race, color, religion/creed, national origin, gender, or sex, marital status, age, disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance. Qualified individuals with disabilities who require reasonable accommodations in order to apply or compete for positions at Nelnet may request such accommodations by contacting Nelnet Talent Acquisition & Recruiting.
Nelnet is a Drug Free and Tobacco Free Workplace.