Office Manager - Downtown Lincoln Association (Posted 6/12)
POSITION SUMMARY: This position serves as the primary support staff for the DLA management and maintenance programs as well as the coordinator of daily business activities of the DLA office. Responsibilities include performing a wide variety of clerical duties, writing minutes, issuing downtown gift cards, light bookkeeping, organizing and maintaining office supplies and files and working with a wide variety of business and property owners, volunteers and the general public.
1. Type correspondence, memos, meeting notices, meeting minutes, receipts, records, letters, reports and other materials. Check all documents for completeness and accuracy.
2. Organize and maintain filing system, including files of such items as expenses, board rosters, committee mailing lists and records, receipts and expenses as well as routine correspondence.
3. Serve as Recording Secretary for DLA Board of Directors with responsibility for minutes of all regular board and committee meetings.
4. Greet, direct and refer visitors and callers, taking messages as necessary. Answer routine questions from callers and visitors, direct callers and visitors to appropriate staff person when needed.
5. Serve as liaison to maintenance shop, advising supervisor of meetings, cancellations, special requests/orders and posters to be distributed.
6. Complete or help with Board, committee, property owner and all special mailings.
7. Pick up, open, sort, screen, forward and distribute daily incoming mail.
8. Coordinate, prepare and distribute weekly events calendar.
9. Schedule meetings and appointments, including coordinating conference room schedule and arrangements for board, committee and special meetings (i.e. ordering food and coffee, setting up room for meetings, ensuring room is orderly after meetings).
10. Operate and maintain office equipment, including copier, printer, fax machine and postage machine.
11. Organize, order, distribute, track and maintain promotional materials and office supplies. Inventory supplies and brochures on a monthly basis and straighten supply area as needed.
12. Serve as a customer service representative for all Downtown Gift Card sales.
13. Prepare receipts for all monies received.
14. Assist Finance Director in the following bookkeeping duties:
Prepare deposits and take them to the bank
Complete bank reconciliations
Mail out accounts payable checks
Make copies and file invoices
Organize invoices for quarterly report to the city
15. Other Duties as assigned.
1. Strong organizational, customer service and communications skills.
2. Good proofreading skills, attention to detail and accuracy.
3. Ability to operate standard office equipment such as copier, calculator, fax machine, multi-extension telephone and personal computer.
4. Proficiency with Microsoft Word & Microsoft Excel.
5. Three to five years of related office and clerical experience.
6. Ability to work with a wide range of people and to meet a variety of demands in a fast-paced environment with frequent interruptions.
Compensation: Negotiable based on experience | Health & Retirement Benefits Included
Non-Exempt Full-Time Employee | 40 Hours/Week | 8:00AM – 5:00 PM, M-F
How to apply: Send a brief cover letter and resume to:
email@example.com or mail to Downtown Lincoln Association
206 S. 13th Street, Suite 101 | Lincoln, NE 68508