Marketing Sales Development Specialist - Ameritas (posted 5/08)
At Ameritas, fulfilling life is what we do daily. We continuously strive to help our customers and employees enjoy life at its very best by reducing uncertainty, helping grow assets and protecting what is most cherished. We’re here to help customers put worry behind and the future ahead and help enable a life that’s rich in family, happiness, health and financial security. When lives are fulfilled, our mission is fulfilled.
We take great pride in the work we do every day. We have an associate driven culture where employees know that goals and objectives are set to be achieved; they understand the business strategy and they find new ways to make the company successful. They improve products, processes and services each day to increase the productivity of the enterprise. We rely on our associates for their energy, talents and commitment to give their very best.
TO APPLY, PLEASE USE THE FOLLOWING LINK:
This position is responsible for supporting the sales and marketing efforts for the Ameritas group division. The Marketing Sales Development Specialist, in support of the department manager, is responsible for building and maintaining relationships throughout Ameritas both internally as well as with the field associates. These relationships will contribute to the creation, production and distribution of sales and marketing strategies, field advertising, promotional materials, public relations and marketing communications to help drive sales for the enterprise.
This position supports, and/or works closely with, all functions of the Group division (sales, subsidiaries, marketing, customer relations, underwriting, actuarial, national accounts, business development and systems), alternate distributions, Corporate Communications, Publishing Services and Law to ensure efficient and internal and external communications and legal compliance.
• Maintain a clear understanding of the Ameritas product lineup, potential products and opportunities in the marketplace.
• Assist in product launches and messaging to the field associates.
• Create and maintain sales and marketing materials to increase sales.
• Write messaging for various audiences and platforms.
• Produce, coordinate and distribute various internal and external communications, including new product announcements, product enhancements, line initiatives, announcements, etc.
• Review and revise marketing and sales materials to follow brand standards.
• Analyze and measure the effectiveness and use of marketing sales materials and delivering data to appropriate departments.
• Assess project needs and formulate strategies to meet and exceed requesters’ goals and objectives.
• Research new opportunities of delivery of materials, sales strategies and concepts.
• Support unit cost measurements and assist in the implementation of unit cost improvements for the area.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
• College degree in marketing or a related field or equivalent experience required, plus 2-3 years’ experience in the marketing and/or communications field(s)
• Ability to manage multiple projects, prioritize, meet deadlines, work with allocated budget amounts and maintain positive working relationships with all associates is necessary.
• Knowledge of media and production terminology and systems is important.
• Strong conceptual, writing and design skills, interpersonal and negotiation skills are necessary.
• Strong writing and editing skills.
• Must have analytical skills and the ability to coordinate projects from the start, and put together strategic plans
• Experience with Macintosh systems is desired.
• Effective time management.
• Experience implementing, measuring and analyzing marketing and public relations strategies.
• The incumbent must understand and act on information from producers and sales reps and have the ability to analyze basic and complex issues and recommend an appropriate solution.
• Experience working with a project management system is a plus.
• Must have solid track record of cross functional work within organization.
Travel is not required.
The incumbent must be able to work in a face-paced, dynamic environment and be able to deal with varying noise levels and interruptions. Cubicle floor plan.
TO APPLY PLEASE USE THE FOLLOWING LINK: