Graphic Designer - Pink Gorilla Events (Posted 4/26)
Pink Gorilla Events is looking for a full-time graphic designer to add to our small, but mighty marketing team. Put your skills to work at a company that aspires to produce the most beautifully branded, big experiences for active people.
- Competitive salary based on experience.
- Four weeks paid vacation
- Simple IRA with employer matching.
- Computer provided and mobile phone allowance.
- Flexible schedule working from home or our Lincoln office. Just get the job done.
Pink Gorilla Events is an independent event production company based in Lincoln, Nebraska and founded in 2008. Over 20,000 people do our events each year and we’ve received national recognition from Runners World, Running Times, Outside Magazine, Women’s Health and more. Our passion is creating unique, large scale hyper-local, signature running experiences that appeal to elite athletes just as much as the casual fun-runner. We pride ourselves on innovation, attention to detail, and creating a great experience for everyone on event day.
Here are our core values. Please don’t apply if these don’t resonate with you.
- Make a positive impact.
- Seek experiences.
- Follow the golden rule.
- Do whatever it takes.
- Serve up a little something special.
- Two years of creative graphic design work experience.
- Know Adobe Illustrator and InDesign inside and out.
- Love making cool t-shirt designs, but aren’t above boring, detail-oriented work like creating event guide layouts.
- Building new brands from scratch is your jam, but incorporating legacy work isn’t a burden.
- Understand the basics of social strategy, digital advertising, and print production.
- You’re passionate about your ideas, but can handle them not always making the final cut.
- Being the lead designer is what you were born to be. It’s time to shine.
- Your portfolio rules and you did some of it in your spare time just for fun.
- Working independently, handling multiple projects, and constant deadlines are a breeze.
- Going all-hands-on-deck and lifting road barricades from time-to-time isn’t end of the world. We’re an event company after all.
- Working 6-10 weekends a year with occasional paid travel isn’t going to be a problem.
- A voracious appetite to learn new skills.
- Embracing a culture full of people with active lifestyles is where you feel at home.
Bonus You or Future You
- Photography skills and Adobe Lightroom experience.
- Video skills and Adobe Premiere Pro experience.
- WordPress experience.
- Some light copywriting.
Send a note telling us why you want the job, your resume, and your design portfolio to email@example.com by May 11, 2018. We’ll contact everyone we want to interview by May 18, 2018 and our new graphic designer will start work on June 4, 2018.